deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Sultai Planeswalker Control  (Read 566 times)

CaptainJack99

• Decks
[Standard] Sultai Planeswalker Control
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:03:43 am »

Motown

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Sultai Planeswalker Control
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:28:45 am »
Perilous Vault is only good when you don't have walkers in play. Which should never happen. Vault is better in a control build that doesnt relay on permanents to win.  Dissolve also gets kinda awkward when you want to be casting walkers/creatures every turn. If you try to leave mana open to counter a spell, you fail to develop board state. If your running Jace, maybe look into a delve card like Empty the Pits to use the cards he puts there to good use. I'm honestly not a fan of the Hydra. On turn 9 do you really want to be casting him for X=7 to maybe get one other thing or play a planeswalker with thoughtseize/downfall/charm back up? As for the land base, the 4 Mana Confluence and pain lands will probably hurt you more than help you. I would maybe try the palace (uncommon land from KrK that will give you G,U,B colors. Enters play tapped.) I would play those over the pains/ some number of the confluences. Courser will help a little but not much if you run that many lands that hurt you. Also, since the tomb  is Legendary you really don't want 3. You'll see it enough with 1-2 copies.