deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Specify the set of your cards!  (Read 21752 times)

Nils

• Decks
New: Specify the set of your cards!
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:41:01 pm »
One feature that has been requested over and over again here on DeckStats is the ability to specify which set a certain card should come from. This is why I am very happy to announce that this is now finally possible! :)

You can now specify the set of each card in your deck by adding [ABC] in front of the card name, where ABC is the abbreviation for the set you would like to use!

For example, to create a deck with Mountains from Unglued and Lightning Bolts from Alpha, you would write:

Code: [Select]
4 [UGL] Mountain
4 [LEA] Lightning Bolt

You can see the result here: http://deckstats.net/deck-5055116-bb438632db888f0426bf7c9de8ed4ba1.html

As you can see, prices will be displayed for the selected set where available (currently only EU card prices, but this will be expanded soon). In addition, the visual spoiler, hand simulator and the deck proxies will also use the card images from the set you specified.

Enjoy! :)

Update: If you are using the interactive deckbuilder, you can now simply specify the set of a card by clicking on the three dots in the "Set" column!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:39:40 am by Nils »

corbeau

• Decks
Re: New: Specify the set of your cards!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:44:45 pm »
is it possible to specify promo cards, like full art Phalanx Leader?

ssamot

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:09:43 am »
is there a link or a place we can have a list of the abbreviation of the set

and is there a way too specifie a textless card like the zendikar one

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:37 pm »
Here is a list of all the sets in our database: http://deckstats.net/sets/

At the moment most promo sets won't work yet (they also usually don't have an abbreviation specified), but I am looking into adding these in the future.

Patrulla

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »
Since promo are not that usual, perhaps you could implement them as new "sets" with [PRO] for instance. But there are some cards that have been promo on different occasions, so perhaps [PR1], [PR2] and so on. (maybe [PC1] for Promo Card sounds better)

Great site!! Go on like this

Cheers
Patrulla

corbeau

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »
I tried specifying BFZ for my Canopy Vista and Prairie Stream , but it still shows expedition lands... is there a way around this?

Also is there a way to specify a specific Land art?

jwg2212

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:27:42 am »
The idea is great and thanks for that. However, when pointing on the card name and displaying card image it does not consider selected set. Would be great if you could improve this. Thanks a lot.

anuira

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »
Hi, i try to change Godless Shrine from expedition lands to Return to ravnica [RTR]. I know that the displaying card image is in BFZ but in my list i'v got a "?" when i set the [RTR].

regards

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 12:06:41 am »
I don't think this card was ever printed in RTR itself, only in GTC within the RTR block. So you would have to use [GTC] instead of [RTR].

shpishay

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 10:27:51 pm »
Tried:
1 [TMP] Ancient Tomb
1 [ZEN] Arid Mesa

Although the correct set is listed in the Set column of the deck view, the hover over picture is the Expedition version.

Grargh

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 09:31:28 am »
I also noticed that the mouseover in the "Overview" and "Details" tabs ignores the specified sets. This sounds like a relatively easy fix, since the correct images are already available in the other tabs. Could you look into this?

mattador_actual

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 06:16:17 pm »
This is sweet Nils!  Thanks. 

I do agree with others, if the mouseover images and other details can be sync'd up or whatever, that would be icing on the cake.

Ruben Thomas

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 03:42:17 am »
When I put in 1 [SOI] Catalog it won't show the Shadows over Innistrad version, instead I get the Urza's one in the visual spoiler =( I also have the same issues as corbeau, the BFZ "slow" lands like Prarie Stream
show up as the expedition version even if I specify [BFZ]. And specifiying set codes for basic lands does not seem to work =(

I also wish set codes for masterpieces and the retroactively added zendikar expeditions would work, all masterpieces now have the set code MPS from wizards.

I love that we can specifiy set codes, thank you so much for that, I'm so grateful for the improvements that you've made to the deckbuilder! =)

DeJener8

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:04 am »
Is there a way to specify (or default) the version of a card with multiple printings in the same set? i.e. Mishra's Factory or Hymn to Tourach.

Right now deckbuilder just displays a "?" in the price section because it can't figure out which printing to use.

Also in the sets list, Anthologies and Introductory Two-Player Set do not display as Vintage legal, and Anthologies cards don't show up in the deckbuilder (I have an ATH Strip Mine that displays as the Expedition one).

harbingerofme

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 01:51:49 am »
With this update, is it perhaps possible to support xmage .dck files?
Code: [Select]
/(\[[^:]+):[^\]]+\]/$1]/g
is the necessary regex replace per line.