deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What defines "budget"?  (Read 1036 times)

lonelytower

• Decks
What defines "budget"?
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:41:02 am »
I realized I've been labelling all my decks "budget", even the ones with pricey spells and planeswalkers in, simply because my own definition of "budget" is less than $50. I'm curious to know what other people here define as "budget". Do you factor in just the price? Or do you consider things like power level, card rarity, ease of getting the cards?

DCirishninja

• Decks
Re: What defines "budget"?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:28:49 pm »
For me. As I have been playing a while and I know the cost of a "budget" deck that meets my Budget.

I have seen "Budget builds" range from $30+ depending on the format.

For Standard. I budget $100 for a deck.

For vintage I budget $200-400. As any Vintage deck that is a "budget" deck is over $100 easy.

I built a fairly good RG beats Vintage deck for a few hundred dollars. BUT I don't think this can happen nowadays. This was back in 09'

IMO,

When on a budget. Save to spend $50 or more.

KungAobWoonSen

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:35:10 am »
Notice this is me. A lot of great information Sometimes I would find it empty.

thechamp8

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »
My definition is under 25$ for budget in general. I play almost exclusively casual constructed in my playgroup, and we've come up with a pretty decent assortment of decks that work really well within a 10$-30$ price range. We're all teenagers with pitiful income though, I would scale budget to your local meta and how much disposable income you can reliably come by.

supersand7

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »
100$ for modern and standard 350$ for legacy and large amount for vintage