deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Sidisi-Whip Deck, Feedback Wanted  (Read 720 times)

DirtySwede

• Decks
[Standard] Sidisi-Whip Deck, Feedback Wanted
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:32:38 am »
I'm looking for some feedback on this decklist, weaknesses people see, or different strategies that might work for sideboarding?  Anything you can offer is helpful.

Sidisi-Whip

Focus on getting a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant and Whip of Erebos engine in play, then start bashing away with waves of life link creatures.  Courser of Kruphix/Sylvan Caryatid combo helps with mana and card advantage.  Lots of removal to keep the board clear while you're setting up. 

Sideboard adjusts removal for planeswalkers or token generation (drop Murderous Cut for Hero's Downfall/Negate/Bile Blight as necessary).  Creature removal can be sided out for control (drop Murderous Cut/Bile Blight/Doomwake Giant for Negate/Thoughtseize/Dig Through Time/Jace, the Living Guildpact), if you go up against a spell heavy deck.

Thoughts:
- Empty the Pits is so much fun, and almost a guaranteed win when it hits, but can be disastrous if you've exiled your graveyard and run into a counter spell or Bile Blight.  Could be better off as a 3rd Charm in the main.
- Sultai Ascendancy gets a lot of hate for not affecting the board state, but I think it works great in this deck.  It can trigger a token from Sidisi, put cards in your graveyard (for delve or Whip targets), and set up free land draws from Courser.  All while letting you filter every draw step, potentially from turn 4 till endgame (opponents probably wont waste a removal spell on this enchantment).
- I didn't put in any fancy lands, but pain lands would work great with all the lifegain built into the deck.  Evolving Wilds is good for rounding out any odd mana curves (hence the lone Island), and filling the graveyard for delve.

EyeofUgin1990

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Sidisi-Whip Deck, Feedback Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »
I have run a similar deck combo recently. I noticed that the whip sidisi runs well with etb cards, but my favorite form was whipping in nighthowler after stocking a full gy, and pulling out phenax for a mill win. Nighthowler works great with sidisi,  so I would say possibly look in placing one or two into the deck.  :)