deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Blue and White Level up - Help, plz! ( Upgraded )  (Read 943 times)

vittorsm

• Decks
[Modern] Blue and White Level up - Help, plz! ( Upgraded )
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:49:39 pm »
Blue and White Level up

I'm building this deck in real life, i'm a new player, so i dont have a lot of good cards.
Please send suggestions.

------------------------------

EDIT:
New deck after some suggestions:
http://deckstats.net/decks/27385/180624-blue-and-white-level-up-upgrad
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:38:00 pm by vittorsm »

vittorsm

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Blue and White Level up - Help, plz!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 05:13:39 am »
Up!

silvercrown47

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 05:38:11 am »
Here's a few recommendations I can make. I'll try to keep them in feasible range, since you say you're new.

Out

Jace's Ingenuity
Silver-Inlaid Dagger
Banisher Priest
Knight of Cliffhaven (2x)
Hedron-Field Purist
Soul of Ravnica (2x)
Tromokratis
Redirect
Time of Heroes (1x)
Champion's Drake (1x)
Azorius Guildgate (3x)
Island (1x)
Plains (2x)

In

Treasure Cruise (3x)
Dissolve (3x)
Detention Sphere (2x)
Ordeal of Thassa (3x)
Bonds of Faith (1x)
Tranquil Cove (3x)
Temple of Enlightenment (3x) (Can get expensive, I understand, but scrying is invaluable in setting up powerful draws. Only add in if you can afford to, because the deck can likely run just as well without them.)

Here's Why

The one powerful thing about U/W in any format is that it has some of the most powerful control elements in all of MTG. This is why I say add in the Dissolves, Detention Spheres, and even the Bonds of Faith. Control of the battlefield, even if just a small amount, can make a huge difference. Also, I recommend a playset of Treasure cruise simply because it's just that powerful of a card. The ability to draw three for one, Ancestral Recall style, without a Suspend is remarkable, and that it's a common is even moreso. As for the Ordeal of Thassa, it helps further your draw while empowering your creatures a bit, and I added another Bonds of Faith due to its versatility, and that this is practically a Human Tribal anyway.

As for the sideboard...

Out

Revoke Existence (2x)
Demystify
Celestial Purge
Archetype of Imagination
Glare of Heresy

In

Erase (3x)
Dissolve (1x)
Retraction Helix (2x)

Here's why

Artifact and Enchantment removal is rather cut and dry, and it's much more efficient to exile an enchantment than destroy it, hence the Erases. An additional counterspell for those matches where you absolutely need it, and more bouncing spells round off what removal you have.

I really hope this helps. You've got an interesting concept up, and I'd love to hear how it works out for you in actual play.

vittorsm

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:59:33 am »
Thanks for the recommendations, i will try it out.
But wont i have too few creatures?

silvercrown47

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:13:27 am »
You were already rather heavy on creatures in the initial list. Honestly when it comes to the mix of creatures vs. other spells, it's all a matter of opinion and something that changes easily between decks. While having a large number of creatures is always a great thing to have on the field, it's also worth having cards in-hand that can supplement, or potentially even save those creatures.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, half of the deck being creatures isn't always the best plan, even in creature-dependent decks. It really comes down to your playstyle, how you evolve the deck as you play, and so on, but I think cutting down the creatures a bit is best.

vittorsm

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 10:25:25 pm »
You were already rather heavy on creatures in the initial list. Honestly when it comes to the mix of creatures vs. other spells, it's all a matter of opinion and something that changes easily between decks. While having a large number of creatures is always a great thing to have on the field, it's also worth having cards in-hand that can supplement, or potentially even save those creatures.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, half of the deck being creatures isn't always the best plan, even in creature-dependent decks. It really comes down to your playstyle, how you evolve the deck as you play, and so on, but I think cutting down the creatures a bit is best.

Ok, thanks! Any new recommendations would be great.

vittorsm

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 01:37:18 pm »
I've upgraded the deck with the cards i had, i hope its better than before:
http://deckstats.net/decks/27385/180624-blue-and-white-level-up-upgrad
I'm going to buy the tranquil coves to exchange the azorius guildgates, but i'm not sure how i should swap the rest.

vittorsm

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Blue and White Level up - Help, plz! ( Upgraded )
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 04:45:12 pm »
Bump!