deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Wither Deck "under $20" that everyone's crazy about (MUST READ)  (Read 1118 times)

PyroSmite

• Decks
Hey, have you visited the top decks category. In the top decks of the month, an all black Wither deck is rated the highest. Although it is an excellent deck, I feel that the author, Notchbeard, is telling people that this deck is good for people with little money to spend. In the deck, the price of four Kulrath Knights alone is 19.68. Obviously this deck costs much above $20. I did some calculations and the total cost of this deck as of this posting is $69.56 with lands and $53.56 without lands. Feel free to calculate this on your own. Remember, however, that this is the price for the deck as of the date and time that I am posting this comment.

Devilsbane

• Decks
Re: The Wither Deck "under $20" that everyone's crazy about (MUST READ)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »
Remember kids; pricing is different on every website! It all depends on what kind of supply they have and what kind of demand they're receiving. Notice how almost every online store charges an extra 10 or 15 bucks for the White 2014 Commander deck as opposed to the other colours? That normally has no relevance here, but it's a good example of prices being raised based on supply and demand.

The two websites I use for ordering singles (kanatacg/Wizard's Tower and FaceToFace Games) have Kulrath Knights priced fairly cheap. $1.50, or $3 - $4 for a foil.

I calculated the cost to make it just now, and it came out to $20.40 on FaceToFace, and $24.04 on Wizard's Tower. This is in CAD, so the exchange rate to USD is not so severe as to be raised to the amount you've stated.

Check more than one website, my friend. It seems yours charges ludicrous amounts.

And in ending, I'd like to state that, minus shipping costs, this deck remains a twenty dollar deck.

PyroSmite

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »
If you didn't notice, I was using the prices off of THIS website, obviously the site made a calculation error as I added up all the costs of the cards that were listed on this website!

Devilsbane

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 08:36:52 pm »
I've learned not to use the prices from this website, because, again, almost every website will charge you differently.

NickNasty

• "I'm as real as the streets!"
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:36:57 pm »
I would suggest using tcgplayer.com for singles and cardkingdom for sets/booster packs/supplies.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:47:12 pm »
If you didn't notice, I was using the prices off of THIS website, obviously the site made a calculation error as I added up all the costs of the cards that were listed on this website!
I think there is a misunderstanding here: The prices listed on DeckStats are the totals for all copies of the card, not just the price for a single card. So for example in the deck that you are referring to, it says $6.28 for the card Kulrath Knight. However, this is already the price for four copies (at $1.57 each), not the price for a single! I think when you calculated the total deck price you actually multiplied this number by four again, which is how you ended up with such a high price.

The prices of DeckStats can of course not be exactly accurate (prices change all the time, there are delivery costs and so on) but in general they should be pretty close to the actual price of the deck.

I would suggest using tcgplayer.com for singles and cardkingdom for sets/booster packs/supplies.
The US card prices on DeckStats actually come from TCGPlayer.com, so these should be approximately the same as the ones you would find in their shop.