deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feedback for my monowhite midrange humans and angels deck  (Read 746 times)

Ravern

• Decks
Feedback for my monowhite midrange humans and angels deck
« on: March 05, 2015, 03:36:03 am »
Please give me feedback of how to optimize my deck for the better for example removing useless cards or adding good cards.
Thanks
Link to my deck:  http://deckstats.net/decks/32417/206539-monowhite-humans-and-angels/en

Edit:
Thanks dude i'll take your suggestions into account (I'm still new to mtg just started a two to three weeks ago). I'll post a new deck list soon that is modified to your suggestions.
p.s. no sry i don't have cockatrice

Edit:
(http://deckstats.net/decks/32417/207132-white-black/en) New deck list. added in some disrupt cards, lower the land amount, added fetch land cards and some new cards based on the latest suggestions. feedback is still very appreciated as I am still new to this game and this is my first real deck.
p.s. is there any good 1cc black or white creatures out there that fit with my deck?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:24:06 pm by Ravern »

smedlin1

• Decks
Re: Feedback for my monowhite midrange humans and angels deck
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:16 am »
Hey there,

My name is Sam.
I saw your deck list and I really like what you have conceptualized.
Its a great starting point, I think that there is a lot of potential.
First question is, are you set on the whole Legacy set? If so, not a bad start.
If not, find out what parts of the extended set are preventing it from registering as a modern set.
I think modern would fit this deck well.

Regardless, if this was my deck I would start by thinning down my overall mana curve. So it shows you have 15 cards that are over 4cc.
I would strip this down to the most essential cards.

Second, try looking for a simpler synchronicity between cards. I like the honor of the pure, but for me anything that adds counters with a cost over about 3cc in this deck is wasting space, when you could be filling the field with insane cards. "Spectral Procession" would be a great card to drop in. giving you easy chump blockers to kind of ward off enemies.

Third, if this was mine, again, just suggestions, I would drop some dual lands and splash a small amount of black. this opens you up to a whole new game play, just a few easy go to's, like "Orzhov Basilica" I like this in your deck because you are running SO MANY plains, that bouncing one back if you thin your curve down will feel like nothing ever happened. then you can play anything you want.
Or if you really have the time to invest into this concept. FETCH LANDS......

Marsh Flats all the way...

If I was using white splash black, I would def. run at least 1, maybe 2-3 "Vault of the Archangel"
Wonderful deck to top your great ideas off.

Black and white obviously have a huge gameplay advantage when creating a combo-style deck.
splash a little black and you can disrupt, you can play a little token pushing, and even get yourself some mad cheap drops,
like "Harsh Sustenance".

But, tbh, the only way to make a deck good, is to make it yours.
Casual play is always the best for me, but I can think up some crazy modern tournament decks that break the mold.

Keep at this deck and you might have something very off the grid that could do some awesome things.

,Sam
p.s. do you have cockatrice?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:20:21 am by smedlin1 »

smedlin1

• Decks
Re: Feedback for my monowhite midrange humans and angels deck
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:14:18 am »
for some reason disrupt tagged as a card, but I meant the game tactic.