deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] I've Got The Blues  (Read 347 times)

Tanis44

• Decks
[Standard] I've Got The Blues
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:45:47 pm »
I've Got The Blues

Mono-blue devotion got a nice boost in Fate & Dragons. The cards we're devoting to are Thassa, God of the Sea (making her a creature) and Master of Waves (to put in a ton of token creatures and gives the other Elemental creatures +1/+1).

Cheap/evasive creatures for the early game include Hypnotic Siren (1 drop flyer with great late game potential), Gudul Lurker (unblockable 1 drop for the early game, with megamorph if you draw him mid-late game), Frost Walker (2 drop, high power, and an elemental), and Stratus Dancer (2 drop flyer with a very nice megamorph ability for the mid-late game). Then we have the bad boy of the group, Shorecrasher Elemental, providing a whopping 3U for devotion and giving us some very nice abilities to play with. Not to mention that he's an Elemental, too.

Also lending to devotion is the Bident of Thassa, which should keep our hand from going empty with all the evasive creatures we've got.

Hall of Triumph, while providing a nice boost for all our creatures, has the added benefit of preventing our Elemental Tokens from dying the moment Master of Waves is killed or removed.

We also have a couple removal spells in Reality Shift and Voyage's end. Theyre not great, but they're what we have to work with in mono-blue, so use them wisely.

And finally, I'm intrigued by Mirror Mockery: it's mainly defensive in that it makes the enchanted creature's attacks useless by giving you a copy you can block with. If played on a Siege Rhino, for example, you can use Bident of Thassa to force it to attack for the life gain/burn effect. It can be used offensively on Master of Waves if it either has no blockers Thassa makes him unblockable, bringing in a fresh wave of Elementals. Having all 3 cards at the same time isn't going to happen very often, though, which is why its primarily defensive.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:54:26 pm by Tanis44 »