deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dragons of Tarkir and what colours are overpowered in it  (Read 835 times)

Devilsbane

• Decks
Dragons of Tarkir and what colours are overpowered in it
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:53 am »
It seems pretty balanced to me, but I like having more zombie cards in this block. Aside from the zombies in Silumgar, I can see myself playing Kolaghan, or more likely, Atarka splash another colour, maybe keep the other colour in the sideboard. I wasn't able to make it to the prerelease; would anyone mind sharing their opinions about what colour combinations worked well?

Tory787

• Decks
Re: Dragons of Tarkir and what colours are overpowered in it
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 05:26:16 pm »
Hmmmm, it really depends about what format you are asking for, standard or limited or both?

For Limited (draft), I have heard that black is one of the deepest colors on its own, typically followed by red. Also, for draft many people are not as much for green, stating that it is not as strong, especially when it comes to Fate Reforged. Blue has some decent maintenance spells, among other things, and again, works well with black. White has some good solid commons and uncommons all around, but is sort of stuck when it comes to strong removal.

For standard, I would say that you have to look at it in context with the other sets, as always! The dragons have provided a new win-con for the new Blue/Black and Esper control builds, and mono red has also obtained a ton of new toys.

I hope this helps! Someone please clarify or correct any erroneous statements of mine. =)

Tory787

• Decks
Re: Dragons of Tarkir and what colours are overpowered in it
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:30:34 pm »
Oh, and also, in both draft and standard: just play what you enjoy! The "best color(s)" are going to be the ones that you are the most comfortable with.

I had heard that most people try to avoid G/W in the current draft format because of lower power level, but I have won the last 3 drafts I have done because I know how to play G/W better than anything else!