deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Zurgo of the Horde (EDH)  (Read 487 times)

LordDarkly

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Zurgo of the Horde (EDH)
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »
Zurgo of the Horde (EDH)

This deck was built with a fairly simple premise. Khans block only cards, and even then, only cards that are either directly Mardu or could conceivably be Mardu.(To not totally cripple myself, Kolaghan cards are also allowed).

This is meant not to be competitive, (though it should be as good as it CAN be, given the restrictions), but instead be the Mardu Horde taken to EDH, with Zurgo at the helm.

Aggro may be significantly underpowered in the format, but hopefully, with Zurgo's indestructibility on my turn, I'll be able to get some wraths off while still sweeping in for that golden commander damage.

Plus, there's tons of ping effects, ways of doing surprising things nobody will expect, (Descent of the Dragons and Mob Rule are good examples, both probably AMAZING in Commander, but because of their recent release, still unexpected).

Totally open to feedback. I get the sense that my Abzan Flavor EDH deck will fare much better at the table than this one, just by nature of its strategy, but I still love the whole flavor and concept of the Mardu Horde, and it's hopefully still a deck that can play enjoyably against other non-competitive decks around a kitchen table.