deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Is a Soulfire Grand Master worth trading for Athreos?  (Read 754 times)

Devilsbane

• Decks
Is a Soulfire Grand Master worth trading for Athreos?
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:05 am »
Question is in the title.

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: Is a Soulfire Grand Master worth trading for Athreos?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:15 am »
That depends on how much you want the card. On TCGPlayer, they are both around the same price, but the value really depends on how much you use the card and want it.

Symmetrical effects are fair.

Tory787

• Decks
Re: Is a Soulfire Grand Master worth trading for Athreos?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:11:50 pm »
Both are incredibly sweet cards. As already posted, they're about equal in value, it just depends on your preference.

Pros of trading: a). Soulfire seems to be declining in value still, and may be easier to trade back for in a couple of months (someone please correct me if this seems inaccurate).

b). Athreos is no longer on the print run. Therefore he may get harder to find.

c). From what I've seen in a friend's deck, Athreos is a card that is so mean, he kills small kittens in his sleep. =P

Cons of trading: a). Soulfire has a good chance of rebounding in value if he finds a more permanent home in standard. He still has a while before he sees rotation!

b). Soulfire does tend to fit into a greater variety of decks, whereas Athreos is pretty focused on one specific color pair and deck style.

c). Soulfire is, to put it simply, 100% crazy amazing. Just his uniqueness alone makes him awesome.

I've probably talked too much for this one subject! But good luck figuring out the trade.