deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help wanted w/ Standard Slivers for FNM today!  (Read 1939 times)

sergeant will

• Decks
Help wanted w/ Standard Slivers for FNM today!
« on: September 12, 2013, 05:28:17 pm »
I'm going to try this deck ( https://deckstats.net/decks/7052/31459-slivers ) at FNM (Standard format) tomorrow and would appreciate any help or suggestions. The Most popular decks being used in my area right now are Selesnya and a few other creature-heavy guild decks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:41:05 pm by sergeant will »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Help wanted w/ Standard Slivers for FNM tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:57 am »
Need some enchantment/artifact removal. The worst thing that you can have happen is someone to O-Ring your Manaweft Sliver or Galerider Sliver.

Naturalize comes to mind since it does either or.
This space for rent.

sergeant will

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:57 am »
Thanks WWolfe! That is a good idea. However I don't think I would put it in just yet, because, most of the people I will be playing also use creature heavy decks with few enchantments or other non creature spells. I will probably put that in my sideboard on the off chance I encounter the dreaded O-ring or a Pacifism.

Perishedluck

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:24 pm »
if u can get your hands on a mutavault or two they go so far in sliver decks because they can instantly become a 2/2 sliver whenever you want. Its so sneaky and u can use it however you want.

maybe adding a few chromatic lantern since that takes care of your mana problems.

I noticed you don't have the haste sliver, maybe its just personal preference, but I love having all of my slivers swinging asap.

So I am looking at your mana. You have 3 galerider sliver and 3 syphon sliver which you don't have any basic land for, but you have 5 cards that give any color mana. If I were you I would take out transguild promenade and add more chromatic lantern

iamadam

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:08:36 pm »
I ran a sliver deck not too long ago and the only thing I was consistently losing to was board wipe.  I would remove the Door of Destinies and the Galerider Sliver and add another Megantic and 2 more Thorncaster.  I also was running mutavaults with Decendants' Path the try and cheat slivers out.  Cavern of Souls is amazing for mana-fixing when all your creatures are slivers.  I would also suggest the removal of the striking slivers with the blur slivers as haste really is valuable.  I found that the Bonescythe and the Siphon were the hardest for people to deal with, especially with the stacked effects.  Good Luck.

sergeant will

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:23:24 pm »
Thanks people!! I have done a little revision. Here it is https://deckstats.net/decks/7052/31459-slivers . Unfortunately I was only able to get 1 Chromatic Lantern and couldn't find any Cavern of Souls or Mutavault in a timely manner. As far as the Cards I have to work with go, I have a play set of all the modern slivers, another pacifism, a playset of silence, a couple of Cathars' Crusade and maybe some white protection like safe passage or pay no heed. any more thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:41:28 pm by sergeant will »

khayman68

• Decks
Re: Help wanted w/ Standard Slivers for FNM today!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:50 pm »
It may be too late for you to make too many changes for FNM, but I put together a suggestion deck. https://deckstats.net/decks/7166/32085-gruul-slivers

The idea is to limit the colors so that dual lands are not a requirement.

sergeant will

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 09:19:48 pm »
Nice build! Unfortunately, it is too late for this weeks game, but definitely something worth looking into for next week. it looks very solid and has a nice mana curve. Thanks!

Perishedluck

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
i feel like if you only use 2 colors for slivers you are wasting their potential. From what I have seen most sliver players go at least 3, or 4