deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New to magic, what rotates with Origins?  (Read 1428 times)

Flavin

• Decks
New to magic, what rotates with Origins?
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:03:18 am »
So I have been playing paper magic for a month now and have just recently picked up Magic Online so I can test things at home etc. Am working on a G/W build that I am becoming very fond of and then I hear about Magic Origins and rotation.

My question is what set is going to be rotated out when Magic Origins comes out in July, (its July right?) I am planning on buying some cards and want to make sure they are not being rotated out.

Also if you guys care to help out a newbie take a look at this deck i have been working on and let me know what's right and wrong here, Thank you. http://deckstats.net/decks/37240/266827-poor-man-abolsterzan

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: New to magic, what rotates with Origins?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:45:19 am »
Hello.

So actually, nothing will rotate out of Standard. For more information, I would check this link (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mm/metamorphosis). It explains how the format is changing, and it also shows what will rotate with what. The article lists Magic Origins as a core set, so keep that in mind.

Side note, only in Standard do things rotate out. Other formats, such as Modern, do not.

Now, for your deck. I think the mana is a bit off. Remove a Plains and add a Forest, see if it helps. You want the two pie charts to be as close as you they can.

Besides that, I think it is a solid deck. I think you should look into Phalanx Leader. The adding a counter on each creature you control works great with some of your cards.

If you have any questions, be it about your deck, rotation, other formats, or anything, feel free to message me. I'll be happy to help.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

jdshifflett

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 05:03:44 pm »
October 2nd everything from Theros block and MTG15 will rotate out of standard. As such the following cards with leave. But not for a few more months.

Favored Hoplite
Fleecemane Lion   
Sylvan Caryatid
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
Solidarity of Heroes
Ordeal of Nylea   
Temple of Plenty

Flavin

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »
Thank you for the 2 responses out of 106, I actually tried to google this multiple times before posting and couldn't seem to find a solid answer. thank you again

jdshifflett

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:31:51 pm »
Thank you for the 2 responses out of 106, I actually tried to google this multiple times before posting and couldn't seem to find a solid answer. thank you again

http://whatsinstandard.com/