deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Standard] DTK Kolaghan's Den  (Lu 422 fois)

Agog1

• Decks
[Standard] DTK Kolaghan's Den
« le: Juin 10, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »
DTK Kolaghan's Den

Green-Black splash dragons, with a focus on red dragons. Jurassic megamorph for resiliency.

Why this deck over the Makihara 5 color version? I believe that red has the best dragon package for color - Thunderbreak Regent, Stormbreath Dragon, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Dragonlord Kolaghan, and Dragonlord Atarka.

I had started with Mardu dragons, then Rakdos dragons, and I grew a healthy respect for the offensive punch of these dragons. However the lower end of the curve I though would benefit with more resilience and mana acceleration, so enter green.

The dragons are the main win condition and are meant to overwhelm the opponent with multiple dragons attacking at once. I started with even more than in the main, but it was just too top heavy so you could draw the wrong half of your deck.

Thunderbreak Regent, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury and Dragonlord Atarka are the cornerstones. Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury is the star because of the synergy with dragons (2x dragons is 12 minimum in the air) and is sweet with Den Protector (pump for unblockable).Dragonlord Kolaghan in the main is an experiment, mainly for the haste to all creatures. Stormbreath Dragon has been reduced down to 2x in the side for matches where prot white is relevant. Again, this was to open up some room in the top end of the mana curve.

The jurassic megamorph side of the deck is Den Protector and Deathmist Raptor to provide some resilience in the early game while still being relevant in the latter stages. The recursion from Den Protector is essential to make up for the low removal spell count. Also when Xenagos is able to have a board to work with, we can crush our opponent by Haven of the Spirit Dragon or Den Protector bringing back Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury for big boosts to attack, including the evasive Den Protector.

A bit of ramp with Sylvan Caryatid, Satyr Wayfinder and Xenagos, the Reveler