deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

What is your favorite color to play?

White
7 (17.1%)
Green
3 (7.3%)
Red
7 (17.1%)
Black
10 (24.4%)
Blue
12 (29.3%)
Colorless
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Favorite Color to play  (Read 2933 times)

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Favorite Color to play
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:40:12 am »
Basic question. What color is your favorite to play? Why?
Symmetrical effects are fair.

Muker

• Decks
Re: Favorite Color to play
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:29:15 pm »
I like black

They have creatures with plenty of passive abilities, graveyard control is the best with sacrificing and plenty of token creatures to sacrifice
In my opinion the best way to play it is with Conspiracy, making all zombie humans, and Xathrid Necromancer, spawning zombies after humans die, unlimited tokens, can be upgraded with Blasting Station or something like that to make it even better

flashback

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 06:59:03 pm »
I`m new to the game, I`w experimented a little around with the cards I haw and on the PC. Now I`m building on a Blue/Black deck.

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:29:51 pm »
Blue.  The flavor text for Negate sums it up perfectly.  I love the "ability to merely say yes or no".  Permission for Life!!!

judedudemude

• Ach! Hans, run! It's Jude!
    • Captain Azazel Vii Backwards, the Jude dude in a mude himself
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:47:18 am »
Black, death awaits all and does not necessary means an end

MMTTdN

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 03:06:14 am »
I like Red and Green decks because you can have many instants to destroy you opponents creatures (red), and you can play big and strong creatures to dominate on the battlefield.

My second choice would be blue decks because you can control what is in play, and you can basicly read your opponent's mind!

Vanguard_JG

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 07:17:36 am »
Pretty much any deck I run will have either red or blue in it.

I like red's ability to put the pressure on and remove threats. Creatures, burn spells, and plenty of speed.

Blue has access to great fliers and always helps play a solid support role via card draw, counter spells, evasion, and bump spells.

Stophel

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:43 pm »
My favourite color might be a tie between white and blue. In the end I decided white. But I believe that every color has certain things I like for example green has the stompy-ramp-stuff, black great removal and utility and red has Lightning Bolt ;)
What I want to say is: don't get married to a color! I tried about one yaer to find a blue-white Modern deck and didn't have great results better be open minded :)
"If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing!"

Alais

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 10:56:37 am »
[...] What I want to say is: don't get married to a color! I tried about one yaer to find a blue-white Modern deck and didn't have great results better be open minded :)

/sign

My favorite color by far is blue - but I play every color, because every color has something to it! That's why I would never limit myself to a certain color.

On the other hand: I wouldn't play a mono red deck just because it's good... It's just not me (I've tried it, of cours).

So in the end: Stay true to yourself, without being afraid to try something new. Maybe you're in for a surprise ;)

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 10:21:15 pm »
My favorite color to play is black since it has some of the most varied possibilities and is more surprising. The reason I say it is the most varied is friend told me a while back that black decks can be about life-drain, tokens, reviving stuff from the graveyard, discarding, milling, burning and combined with other colors add more diversity to those I just mentioned.

C0ntr0l

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »
I love to play with Blue. I love the counterand control factor

Franzella

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 09:19:24 pm »
colorless > blue > green
also I hate white

Mibuswolf

• Slay Evil Swiftly
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 07:11:41 pm »
I would have to say White is my favorite color to play. 

It's primarily due to nostalgia.  Back in the day I loved to play with cards like Serra Angel, Personal Incarnation, Kjeldoran Outpost, Wrath of God, Enlightened Tutor, Enduring Renewal and others.  I like the idea of justice and holiness - fighting for the side of good. 

These days I find myself still attracted to white cards.  I've got a Human tribal deck that I'm developing and hoping to make competitive in Modern.

NickNasty

• "I'm as real as the streets!"
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 10:43:59 pm »
Pretty much any deck I run will have either red or blue in it.

I like red's ability to put the pressure on and remove threats. Creatures, burn spells, and plenty of speed.

Blue has access to great fliers and always helps play a solid support role via card draw, counter spells, evasion, and bump spells.

Very well said. With red and blue spells, there is a certain unpredictability, a certain volatility -- more so than with some of the other colors -- that makes it more rewarding when you are victorious. Dare I say, there is more skill required? ;)

Vorosh

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 03:51:33 am »
Green because: mana generation, big creatures, growth spells and tokens.
MTG Online: Vorosh
Favorites decks: Reanimator, Belcher y Goblins.