deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Golgari Dredge (Budget) - Comments  (Read 1627 times)

Comment Bot

Golgari Dredge (Budget) - Comments
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:51:11 pm »
This is the comment topic for Golgari Dredge (Budget).

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Golgari Dredge (Budget).

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Dane

• I am Dane of Daneland
  • Decks
Re: Golgari Dredge (Budget) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:51:11 pm »
Beyond Land.

Dane

• I am Dane of Daneland
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 07:54:24 pm »
Other than that it looks cool

Tekeli-li

• Come, warm yourself by the fire...
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 08:05:18 pm »
Beside maybe more cards to play early on, the deck looks good to me. (From my Newbie view)

Dice

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 08:58:17 pm »
I'd probs swap nighthowler for grave strength here. Nemesis for angler (or tasigur).

And I'm realizing you probably want to go more all in on zombies, or ditch the gravecrawlers.

Also, probably all or nothing on the grave troll.

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:04:55 pm »
If I ditch the zombies I should probably ditch Bridge from below too yeah? It was mainly there to give the gravecrawlers a way to always come back if Jared wasn't out.

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:51 pm »
Also why Grave Strength over Nighthowler? The Howler's count towards the trolls and the enchantments power if other copies are in the graveyard. Is it the cost?

Arcthos_the_Arcane

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 05:32:44 am »
Pretty awesome deck. Have you thought of perhaps Life from the Loam and Deadbridge Chant? Life from the Loam is especially helpful if you get stuck on land while dredging, and makes Jarad's last ability less painful, not to mention giving you another handy dredge target. Deadbridge Chant is more a matter of personal preference. I really like the unique effect, and it puts a fair number of things in your graveyard to work with, but it is somewhat mana hungry. As for what you might remove to include either of these things, I would probably start with the Flamewake Phoenixes. I like the card, and you probably won't have trouble with activating ferocious, but they're currently the only things requiring red in the deck.

Arcthos_the_Arcane

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 05:32:44 am »
Pretty awesome deck. Have you thought of perhaps Life from the Loam and Deadbridge Chant? Life from the Loam is especially helpful if you get stuck on land while dredging, and makes Jarad's last ability less painful, not to mention giving you another handy dredge target. Deadbridge Chant is more a matter of personal preference. I really like the unique effect, and it puts a fair number of things in your graveyard to work with, but it is somewhat mana hungry. As for what you might remove to include either of these things, I would probably start with the Flamewake Phoenixes. I like the card, and you probably won't have trouble with activating ferocious, but they're currently the only things requiring red in the deck.

Arcthos_the_Arcane

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 05:33:16 am »
I apologize, that seems to have posted twice for some reason.

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 02:00:05 am »
I like how the phoenix's work with the lot lotleth trolls which is mainly why they're there. I had loams but I got rid of them for more ghasts (partly due to price). Hopefully the dakmors will be good enough to get me land back. Always a possible change though. I have a few other ideas that I need to edit in. Thanks for the help!

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
Re: Living Lichyard (Dredgevine) - Comments
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 12:09:37 am »
Major changes. I got rid of Avatar of Woe much to my sadness but I couldn't find room for it. I also may need to revisit the need for Life from the Loam. The mana base needs a revision too I think. This looks like a lot of other Vengevine decks online which makes me sad as well, but it seems like a pretty effective set up. My other main debate is dropping Looting (my only red since I got rid of the Phoenix's) and going blue for hedron crab, possibly using its graveyard acceleration to make room for other things. The other debate is if I need Anglers for more zombie synergy.

Biggest weaknesses I see: lack of creature destruction spells and lack of trample. I may need to get rid of some of my buff spells for creature removal (doable in red, blue, and black depending on which direction I go, could even throw in Lightning Bolts) or find ways to grant trample or the damage won't get through fast enough. This deck is already vulnerable to really fast decks, and I need to bridge that weakness more.

Oh and if I drop red I'll still have problems with our meta and a certain artifact heavy speedster at our table...you know who you are!

Dice

• Decks
Re: Living Lichyard (Dredgevine) - Comments
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 01:05:07 am »
I think you should decide on exactly what you want your deck to be doing. Should it be aggressive? A meat-shield of recursive creatures for an attrition battle? A sick combo that either wins you the game outright or gets you huge advantage? Maybe even a dredge-control deck if you're going to be splashing blue? You can do a lot of things, but first you need to know what that is.

You already have the dredge-shell, so once you know exactly how you want your deck to win the game, building the rest of it should be a lot easier.

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
Re: Living Lichyard, Rot the Mind Variant (Dredgevine) - Comments
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 09:25:01 pm »
Is it worth trying to fit Sidisi in here for extra zombies and the self mill? I'm also debating exchanging some stuff for duress. Finally, Stinkweed Imps. I dropped them for the narcomebas. They don't have dredge so I may be too low on self-mill, but the mebas come out more easily. Finally I need to consider if I need 4 vengevines at all. A lot of my stuff simple comes out of the graveyard, but isn't cast from it. I may need more cast from graveyard triggers.

ReaperofCheeze

• Decks
Re: Living Lichyard, Rot the Mind Variant (Dredgevine) - Comments
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »
Replaced Gnaw the Bone with Essence Warden. Cheaper and while less consistent it provides another creature for my triggers.