deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Ideas for multiplayer session  (Gelesen 1007 mal)

Pigov

• I'm creating casual decks for me and my friends
  • Decks
Ideas for multiplayer session
« am: März 30, 2015, 04:31:21 Nachmittag »
Hi there.

I want to host something like a 24h magic casual game day.
We usually meet up 4 times every 3 weeks, and play from 8pm til 4am in groups of 4-8 people, just having fun and drinking beer. Regular 60 card decks, no EDH, random deck selection from my deck pool.

This time, i want to try something different and i still need some ideas for that.

Despite the obvious stuff like tribal wars, guild wars, continent wars, clan wars, theme based decks against others, ffa, 2HG, a.s.o., i thought about something like "scripted scenarios".

Like boros defense of sunhome ... 2 boros players play against three others with simic, golgari and dimir decks. To even out the disadvantage, they can cast Agrus Kos commanderlike by paying his manacost (+1 for further summons) and start out with 2 walls, getting another wall every 3 turns. As soon as 1 of the dimir/golgari/simic decks is defeated (if), experiment kraj enters the battlefield for free. So we kinda replay the story from the first ravnica cycle, more or less. I dont care much about the balance, as long as we have fun.

What do you think? Any ideas for me? Other great multiplayer ideas? Having a set of planechase cards aswell, no vanguard cards or other stuff like that though...

I'd be glad for any help offered:)

Kazuaro

• Decks
Re: Ideas for multiplayer session
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 14, 2015, 03:53:15 Nachmittag »
Me and my friends play a format called "Emperor", which is tons of fun. So, if you're familiar with the concept of a 2HG, Emperor is similar, but involves a team of 3 instead of 2. The general idea is to designate someone to be an 'emperor' out of your team of 3, while the other two players are 'generals'. The generals defend the emperor and one team wins by killing off the emperor.

There are tons of alterations you can make to make each game different. For example, instead of each player having an individual life total, the generals could share a life total, making them easy to wipe out, or the emperor has a higher life total than the other players, or even a combination of the two.

The 'emperor' could run a commander deck/ singletons-only deck, while the generals each have 60 card decks. The idea behind commander was that because the emperor is of a higher status, he/she has a creature they can always call for. The generals are of lower rank, and have no such privilege, but instead can command more than one copy of a particular creature, hence the 60 card deck.

So there you have it, an innovative fun way to play magic with 6 people. and of course, the number can be expanded slightly to match your needs. Hope this helps!

Pigov

• I'm creating casual decks for me and my friends
  • Decks
Re: Ideas for multiplayer session
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 18, 2015, 05:36:42 Nachmittag »
Thanks a lot for your response, even though the tournament is already over (did 4 so far). We knew about emperor already, but i agree, its really fun and very customizeable, everyone should try it out :)