deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

What do you think about the mana curve and cost of creatures in this deck?

It is WAY too high - You need some major fixing
1 (50%)
A little high, you need to make a few tweeks
1 (50%)
The mana cost is good, but you need to take away some cards
0 (0%)
Perfect deck!! You need no fixing!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 01, 2015, 10:42:55 pm

Author Topic: Green and Red Deck  (Read 1414 times)

MMTTdN

• Decks
Green and Red Deck
« on: June 24, 2015, 04:20:35 am »
Here is my green and red deck, tell me what you think.
I need suggestions on the mana amount, and the cost of creatures and spells. Do you think they're too high?

Deck
https://deckstats.net/decks/39611/263328-green-red-deck-v4-2-?lng=en

Flavin

• Decks
Re: Green and Red Deck
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »
only familiar with standard cards atm since I just started, but looking at that mana curve, YICKS is all that comes to mind.
If you don't have anything ramping super fast in there, your probably in big trouble.

MMTTdN

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 03:03:14 pm »
but looking at that mana curve, YICKS is all that comes to mind.
If you don't have anything ramping super fast in there, your probably in big trouble.
Yeah- I'll try to add more cards with less mana, or take away cards that are way too expensive to balance out my hand, so I can get cards on the battlefield more quickly.

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:13 pm »
Hello.

So the first thing to work on is the mana base. You use a bit more green mana than you are able to produce. Try removing a Mountain and adding a Forest. You want the two pie charts to be the same.

The next issue is having 73 cards in your deck. That puts you at a disadvantage, and you don't have cards in this deck that can turn that negative into a positive. We will come back to this.

As said before, you have some very expensive cards. This isn't inherently bad, but you don't have enough ways to make use of them.

I want to ask you what is your goal for this deck? What is it trying to do? How will it win games?

If you give a better understand of what you have in mind, I might be able to help you out.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

MMTTdN

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:37 pm »
First:
So the first thing to work on is the mana base. You use a bit more green mana than you are able to produce. Try removing a Mountain and adding a Forest. You want the two pie charts to be the same.
Ok, thanks, that helped

Next:
I want to ask you what is your goal for this deck? What is it trying to do? How will it win games?

If you give a better understand of what you have in mind, I might be able to help you out.
OK, so my goal to start is to play small creatures on my first 3 or so turns (I should probably add more small creatures)Then use spells back them up. Around my 6th or 7th turn, I want to start playing bigger and more powerful spells and creatures to win the game. It's a basic strategy, but most of the time it works.

Last:
If you can give me more tips now that you have the strategy, that would help. Thanks!

naked

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 04:19:36 am »
Hello,
I got a few tips for you.
OK, so my goal to start is to play small creatures on my first 3 or so turns (I should probably add more small creatures)

If you want to play small creatures in your first 3 turns you need lots of them in the deck, bigger creatures you need less because you have 6-7 extra draw steps before being able to cast them.
So find the best 1-2-3 mana cost creatures, and put from 12-22 of them in.
Some that you have that are good; Troll Ascetic, Zhur-Taa Druid, Spawnwrithe, Kalonian Tusker
Some that you might want to look into; Experiment One, Skinshifter, Sylvan Caryatid, Burning-Tree Emissary, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Strangleroot Geist, Leatherback BalothAlpine GrizzlyBoon SatyrFanatic of Xenagos, Wolfir AvengerYasova Dragonclaw
And if you want to play bigger threats earlier, get some mana acceleration. (i.e. mana dorks or ramp spells)
A good ramp spell is farseek, especially if you play with  Burning-Tree Emissary, might be better than Ranger's Path.

Then use spells back them up.

Sure, why not. And lets count "removal" spells in there too. Pick 8-12
Some that you have that are good; Awaken the Bear, Titanic Growth, Prey Upon
Some that you might like; Ranger's Guile, basically a counter spell for green. Magma Jet. And good' ol  giant growth.
And a gem for the green decks; rancor ! Especially with Spawnwrithe and all those pump spells.

Around my 6th or 7th turn, I want to start playing bigger and more powerful spells and creatures to win the game.

Of course you do !
From 4 to 7 mana cost creatures, spells or planeswalkers, pick 5-12 of them.
Some that you have that are good; Deus of Calamity (i did not know that card before!) 5 mana for a 6/6 trample is sweet, Garruk's Horde, Xenagos, the Reveler, Nessian Wilds Ravager, Terra Stomper, Predatory Rampage (overrun is better tho)
Some other good ones; Nemesis of MortalsDeadbridge Goliath, Spellbreaker Behemoth, Wolfir Silverheart. Green has a plethora of fattys...
Thundermaw Hellkite can be a good finisher and is only 5 mana.

If you can give me more tips now that you have the strategy, that would help. Thanks!

Pick with-in those numbers and get between 35-38 cards depending on the amount of mana dorks/ramp spells, which i would get.
And when you pick your cards make sure you think of the synergy they will have together. AND RESPECT THE 60 CARDS TOTAL !
Slap 25-22 lands and play.

If you got more questions just ask and show us what you come up with

A deck i have that has a similar strategy, except for the back them up part..

Display deck statistics

Good luck

-Naked

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:28:02 am by naked »

MMTTdN

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:03:59 am »
Thank you so much, naked!!
Your advice helped!

naked

• Decks