deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck 3 v2.2.0 Please tell me my wrongs.  (Read 1100 times)

flashback

• Decks
Deck 3 v2.2.0 Please tell me my wrongs.
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:39:33 pm »
Deck 3 v2.2.0 http://deckstats.net/decks/40122/272715-deck-3-v-1-0-6/en

Combo One (Wall of Limbs and Lifelink):
1x Wall of Limbs (Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Wall of Limbs).
4x Child of Night (Liflink to me and Wall of Limbs)
2x Sphinx's Tutelage (works well with Profane Memento)
1x Profane Memento (works well with Sphinx's Tutelage)

Lands:
14x Swamp
4x Island
1x Yavimaya Coast
4x Evolving Wilds

First, I haw the starter at 1-3 Mana: 8 creatures with Deathtouch, 4 Coral Barrier + 4 squids + 4x Touch of Moonglove  = Defence
4x Typhoid Rats
4x Fetid Imp (Flying, pay 1 Swamp mana to gain Deathtouch.
4x Coral Barrier (Creature-Wall, put a 1/1 blue Squid creature token with islandwalk onto the batlefiald.)

4x Touch of Moonglove
4x Read the Bones

Destroy/remove spells:
2x Flesh to Dust ( Instant, Destroy target creature. It can`t be regenerated).
2x Unholy Hunger (Destroy target creature).
2x Languish (All creatures get -4/-4 until end of turn).

Counter spells:
2x Psychic Rebuttal
1x Clash of Wills

Graveyard opener:
1x March of the Returned (Sorcery, Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand).
2x Necromantic Summons (Put target creature from a graweyard onto the batlefield under your control).
1x Endless Obedience

Planeswalker`s/ bombs:
1x Jace, Vryn`s Prodigy
1x Garruk, Apex Predator
1x Soul of New Phyrexia
1x Soul of Innistrad

Sideboard:
4x Child of Night
4x Divination

EDIT: Removed the 2x Tyrant's Machine and 1x Embodiment of Spring and replaced them with: 1x Plagued Rusalka (so I haw a 1 black Mana on the first hand, maby) 1x Profane Memento (wich just sounds awsome, alsow 1 Mana) and 1x Phyrexian Revoker 2 Mana.

EDIT2: Removed the Plagued Rusalka for one more Typhoid Rats and Whisk Away for another Coral Barrier.

EDIT3: Removed 2x Emobiment of Spring, 1x Jeskai Runemark ans 1x Unmake the Graves replaced them with 1x Child of Night, 1x Typhoid Rats, 1x Pharika`s Cure and 1x March of the Returned.

EDIT4: I was at my local Comic shop today, they had a draft this weekend I guess, (forgot to ask) and there were boxes of al least 3000 cards. I only looked thru the Black, Blue and Artifacts, it took forever.
It was cards people had left behind, mostly junk, (you could pick 30 cards max. for free) but I found 4 cards I really needed for my current deck, an uncommon and a rarity from 1995 (Tetravus) not worth anything, but still cool) and Kite Shield (it's the only non-land card I haw with 0 mana cost, that's about the only reason I grabbed it)
They also had the freebie 2x 30 cards, decks for beginners.

Later that day I met up with a friend and his two kids, (this friend of mine was big into Magic when he was younger, but he lost all his cards and only gets angry when he see the prises you can get from the old cards nowadays: P). He started to collect in 95 so I try to tell him the most expensive card are from 93, just to get him to play without getting angry: P (don't now if this is true though).

Anyway, me, him, his exs and his kids go to the Comic store and I fix a 2x 30 card deck each for his sons and one for me and my friend to play (30cards each).
His sons are a little too young yet to appreciate the playing of the game (5 and 6 years old) but they can trade and haw fun that way until they get older. Maybe someone else at their school are playing, they just started.
I adviced ther mother to download the app for a tablet or the 2014 PC game, just to learn the rules.
She also used to play, like 20 years ago.

My friend had something to do, but he`s coming over later and then I will finally have a human to play with :)

I also got another Into the Void from one of the packs, I'm gonna exchange it for Radiant Fountain later on, I also got a Flesh to dust in the other packet, but I think I` going to put in the extra Into the Void. Anny opinions?

EDIT5: Changed 1x Whisk Away, 4x Evolving Wilds in 1x Swamp, 1x Island, 1x Into the Woid, 1x Typhoid Rats, 1x Staff of the Death Magus.
My friend wasn't much interested, but we played one game, and I mentioned it to an other friend of mine, he is going to install the mobile app to learn the rules, he used to collect the card when he was younger, but never played. He is going to look for the cards at his mother's place when he gets the time
And I`w been playing the freebe decks against eatcother, alone, and made some adjustments, there was not one 1 Mana card among the two decks, one blue, one black deck, so I played a couple of matches before I put in at least four 1 Mana creatures in each deck, ant it was a lot more fun in no time :)

I got 3 Mythical Rare in 3 booster`s in a row :) (I got 4 boosters from the Deck builders Toolkit, 2 from a starter deck I bought 1 Modern Masters booster and 15 2015 coore boosters, so to be fair it was pack 19, 20 and 21 :) And I got at least 3 bonus foils.
One of the packets with a Mythical I manage to rip open so all the cards flew across the room, and one landed in some water on the floor, luckaly it was a common and not he Mythichical. It was wet on the bathroom floor and I was barefoot, so it was the smallest amount of water.
But anyway the cards are:
Garruk, Apex Predator, Soul of New Phyrexia, Soul of Zendikar. So I officially haw my first Planeswalker.

EDIT6: Removed 4x Frost Lynx 1x Crippling Blight, 1x Bile Blight, 1x Island in - 4x Fetid Imp, 1x Languish, 1x Necromantic Summons, 1x Swamp.

I was at my first pre-release, sealed deck "tournament". 6 rounds, each round best of 3.

ROUNDS:
4 rounds I lost
1 draw
1 win by forfeit

GAMES TOTAL:
9 games lost
1 game I won
1 draw

It was much easier than I would imagine, no one who got angry, I remembered to tap the lands (most of the time). And the other guys explained the cards very well if I was wondering about something.
I notice a huge improvement from my first to my 11`t mach, I`m still not any good at building sealed decks, but the tempo is there :)

It was a couple of guys who left, they lost a match, got angry at the bad cards and just rage quit.
I think it was bad that I won by forfeit that one time, I would rather lose 2 times than not to play at all. But all in all, I think I`m ready to teach it to my friends.

I did some stupid mistakes like activating Deathtuch on Fetid Imp, than not to attack, (in case he would attack my Imp, I could block it and kill it even if he has a 4/4 creature) while instead I should have waited to see if he was going to attack me, and then activate Deathtuch.
So I learned something :)

And I had a great moment when I used Unholy Hunger to remove his biggest bomb and then playing Necromantic Summons (Put target creature from a graweyard onto the batlefield under your control) to get control over the bomb and smashing him with his own creature. I won the match with his Bomb :D
In the next match I played Necromantic Summons to get Turn to Frog (which he had just used on me) then putting it on his Bomb and destroying it with a 1/1 creature. Those two moments were worth the entry fee alone :P

I almost didn't go, I woke up 20min before it started, so I was lying in bed, like, ahem, OK, let's do this. Jumped in the shower, out in the street and rode my skateboard like a maniac to reach the store. I`m so fu***** glad I did it :)

Manny of the marches was pretty even, and some people just smashed me before I could damage them at all, I got Mona screwed a couple of times, when the match was finished and I had like 3-4 lands in plays total (he had let say, 8+), and I look at the top of my deck and its like 10 Lands after another :P

I think I`m going tomorrow also.

EDIT7: Removed 2x Gray Merchant of Asphodel, 1x Nightmare in - 2x Swamp, 1x Soul of New Phyrexia
Felt I was a litle low on mana, going to playtest tomorrow.

EDIT8: Secound prerelease

1`t round win
4 rounds lost
and the 6`t round I won by forfeit

Removed  1x Phyrexian Revoker, 1x Island, some Swamp? 2x Into the Void in - 1x Languish, 1x Unholy Hunger, 4x Evolving Wilds, 1x Jace Telepath Unbound, Sphinx's Tutelage.

EDIT9: Wondering in changing 3x Pharika`s Cure and 1x Wings of Velis Vel in 4x Returned Centaur

EDIT10: Removed 1x Wings of Velis Vel Vel for - 1x Clash of Wills

EDIT11: Removed 1x Pharika`s Cure for - 1x Sphinx's Tutelage

EDIT12: Removed 1x Squelching Leeches for - 1x Scuttling Doom Engine

EDIT13: Removed 1x Swamp for - 1x Yavimaya Coast and 1x Garruk, Apex Predator, now I`m at 61 cards. If I`m not going to run a 61 card deck I`m probably going to remove the 2x Pharika's Cure and find another card to fill it up to 60.

EDIT14: Removed 2x Pharika`s Cure for - 1x Reave Soul

EDIT15: Removed 1x Reave Soul for - 1x Unholy Hunger

EDIT16: Removed 1x Wall of Limbs, 4x Child of Night, 2x Sphinx's Tutelage, 1x Profane Memento for - 4x Read the Bones, 4x Touch of Moonglove

EDIT17: Removed 1x Rakshasa`s Disdain for - 1x Psychic Rebuttal

EDIT18: Removed 1x Cancel, 1x Scuttling Doom Engine, 1x March of the Returned for - 1x Dissipate, 1x Soul of Innistrad, 1x Endless Obedience

EDIT19: Removed 1x Wall of Frost and 1x Island for - 2x Swamp.
EDIT20: Removed 1x Dissipate, 1x March of the returnes for - 1x Phychic Rebuttal, 1x Necromantic Summons

-utepaanordnes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:48:41 pm by utepaanordnes »

flashback

• Decks
Re: Deck 3 v1.0.6 Please tell me my wrongs.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:03:16 pm »
Don't like to bump the posts, I`w bin revising this deck at least 6 times. So I figured I would put it at the top again. As an update Instead of making a new post.
Please comment, I appreciate constructive/negative comments as well as positives one`s. Everything to help me improve.

-Isak

SryImNoob

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:57:22 am »
http://deckstats.net/decks/14344/76849-mono-black-devotion-/en

your deck could look a little like that , take off toughtseize and mutavault and the deck is pretty affordable.

If i be you i wouldnt spend money on booster pack unless you like to open them. your deck would be really better buying off single at ur local / online store and will cost lot less than trying to find the good rare in random pack.

flashback

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
But I do like the feeling of opening a fresh booster :P I probably would get tired of the junk cards after buying a 100 booster`s or so, but that wont break the bank, and I will get tired before that.
It's just at the start, until I get in the game more and get better at deck building. I`m just not good enough at deck building to other singles, and I don't want to copy of a killer deck and order the cards online, I need to learn more.
And I really wanted to open a booster with a Mythical, and I got 3 in a row.

And I want a bunch of semi junk cards I can give away to friends, if I get them to play.
I`m going to give them some really nice decks if they get hooked :)

I copied this post to another forum, and two people actually took the time to put together deck`s from my cards, six in total.
So I`m going to put together one in a minute and play it against my own creation.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-related-formats/616401-deck-3-v1-0-6-please-tell-me-my-wrongs

-utepaanordnes
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:50:36 pm by utepaanordnes »