deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Wolf Pack  (Read 577 times)

DavidCkuhn

• Decks
[Modern] Wolf Pack
« on: July 07, 2015, 06:13:42 pm »
Wolf Pack

My strategy is to tear apart my opponent piece by piece and this deck if played right will bring out 54 wolf tokens and  will do a total direct hit of 509 but it can also do a total hit of 521 as well. so total damage strike is about 509-512.

ashemath

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Wolf Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:00:36 am »
How/When does this deck supply the 500+ damage? Just curious how the deck works if you would please explain.

Here's my 'wolf' deck: http://deckstats.net/decks/12692/97841-elves-dryads-wolves-/en

I had it as a pure wolf deck, but I found that the only wolves I liked running into were the nyxborn wolf and briarpack alpha.
Lone wolf can be a good addition to your deck if you can find any.

DavidCkuhn

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:25:36 am »
What i did is lay out land and played like me an another player where going back and forth and just powered up one of the timber pack wolves and when with enchantment spells come into play (read abilities) total of 54 wolf tokens come into play. also lava axe deal 5 damage to target player.  So if you'd read the abilities and played the deck out like that to see what else i did and how i did it.

ashemath

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:45 pm »
Well,

18 non-token wolves
8 token wolves from raised by wolves
Plus 9 wolf tokens each time you play howl of the night pack (assuming you can miraculously get all 9 forests out before playing), that's a total of 36 wolves.
18+ 8 + 36 = 62 wolves.
Assuming each wolf is 2/2 (I understand some are better/worse), and you got  62*2 + 62*4 (raised by wolves bonus) = 372 points of power. Than we count lava axe = 5*4 = 20 damage. Titanic growth = another 4*4 = 16 damage, grand total of 408 damage the way I see it. there might be a bit more in that.

However, this is assuming you have an infinite hand size (which you do not support in your deck list), you are allowed to draw your whole deck (no one is going to let that happen), and you do pretty much nothing until turn 9 (which is not possible as you will not have enough mana to do that!)

You play one land per turn, so you can't just "lay out all the land" and play everything. That's not Magic, that's a bizarre variant.

Not to say this deck isn't okay. It's just not a 500+ point bomb that you described it as.