deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I was at my first pre-release, sealed deck "tournament" today :)  (Read 734 times)

flashback

• Decks
I was at my first pre-release, sealed deck "tournament". 6 rounds, each round best of 3.

ROUNDS:
4 rounds I lost
1 draw
1 win by forfeit

GAMES TOTAL:
9 games lost
1 game I won
1 draw

It was much easier than I would imagine, no one who got angry, I remembered to tap the lands (most of the time). And the other guys explained the cards very well if I was wondering about something.
I notice a huge improvement from my first to my 11`t mach, I`m still not any good at building sealed decks, but the tempo is there :)

It was a couple of guys who left, they lost a match, got angry at the bad cards and just rage quit.
I think it was bad that I won by forfeit that one time, I would rather lose 2 times than not to play at all. But all in all, I think I`m ready to teach it to my friends.

I did some stupid mistakes like activating Deathtuch on Fetid Imp, than not to attack, (in case he would attack my Imp, I could block it and kill it even if he has a 4/4 creature) while instead I should have waited to see if he was going to attack me, and then activate Deathtuch.
So I learned something :)

And I had a great moment when I used Unholy Hunger to remove his biggest bomb and then playing Necromantic Summons (Put target creature from a graweyard onto the batlefield under your control) to get control over the bomb and smashing him with his own creature. I won the match with his Bomb :D
In the next match I played Necromantic Summons to get Turn to Frog (which he had just used on me) then putting it on his Bomb and destroying it with a 1/1 creature. Those two moments were worth the entry fee alone :P

I almost didn't go, I woke up 20min before it started, so I was lying in bed, like, ahem, OK, let's do this. Jumped in the shower, out in the street and rode my skateboard like a maniac to reach the store. I`m so fu***** glad I did it :)

Manny of the marches was pretty even, and some people just smashed me before I could damage them at all, I got Mona screwed a couple of times, when the match was finished and I had like 3-4 lands in plays total (he had let say, 8+), and I look at the top of my deck and its like 10 Lands after another :P

I think I`m going tomorrow also.

I`w only played on the computer and fiddling with the cards to get a decent deck, here is a post with my current "Casual"l deck if anyone is interested, it might show which level I`m on.

EDIT: Secound prerelease

1`t round I won
4 round`s I lost
and the 6`t round I won by forfeit

EDIT: Now they have removed the score from Sunday, I had 16 points yesterday, but only 7 now. I just realised I could see my rank. On Saturday I was nr. 42 out of 55.
But now I can't see my placement for the second day, which I hope is a nudge bether.
I`w sent Wizards and the store I played in an email, reporting the problem, so I just hope they`r able to fix it.

Anny of you lost your points?

-utepaaNordnes
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:39:59 pm by utepaanordnes »

Mibuswolf

• Slay Evil Swiftly
  • Decks
Re: I was at my first pre-release, sealed deck "tournament" today :)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 07:31:32 pm »
Hey that's great you went to your first pre-release and had a good time.  Sounds like some good moments for sure. 

I went to my first pre-release a couple months ago as well.  I went with a buddy, we did two-headed giant and lost every round.  That format is a different beast altogether but it was cool just to go and experience it.