deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thoughts about different decks?  (Read 1354 times)

slhuffman

• Decks
Thoughts about different decks?
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:01:16 am »
What are everyone's thoughts about Event Decks? and would you rather build your own deck or play one that was already built (such as: duel decks, starter packs, etc.).

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: Thoughts about different decks?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:47:45 am »
Build my own, because I want twists, turns, and synergy.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Mibuswolf

• Slay Evil Swiftly
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:22:11 pm »
I think Event decks and other pre-made decks offered by WotC are great for either someone just getting into the game or bringing new people into the game. 

If you're just getting into the game you can buy a pre-made deck and test it out.  They're not too expensive and will help you learn the basics.  They're built to be synergistic as well so you'll get a feel for how certain cards can compliment others. 

If you're bringing someone new into the game then it's great to start off with a Clash Pack.  Both decks are tuned to be competitive but not overly powerful against one another.  You can teach the new player the basics and mechanics and be assured they have a decent deck to play and learn with.

Franzella

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 08:12:42 pm »
I like to build decks alot, usually if I play with friends I bring some decks I made (usually pauper) so they are balanced :)

flashback

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:35 pm »
I`m quite new to the game, but I like to build my own decks. Most because it's my own creation, not something someone else put together. And also if you haw a lot of cards you can make many different decks, shuffle em up and make new ones. You can draft from your cards and make sealed decks if you got friends that play.

darkbannister

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 11:01:53 pm »
     Build my own. Its fun. And if you know what you're doing, you can get a cheaper, better deck. But premade is okay to. Or looking at decks and then modding them.

slhuffman

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 11:06:22 pm »
I like to build my own but I also like the pre made ones because it gives me ideas and more cards that go with a certain theme I want.