deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First deck - Comments  (Read 378 times)

Comment Bot

First deck - Comments
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »
This is the comment topic for First deck.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für First deck.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

AlisterVal

• Decks
Re: First deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »
Any tips on upgrades???

tylermumford

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:35:30 pm »
You may already know this, but there's no reason to have the gates that produce black mana. Compared to the other gates you have, they're less flexible. You can have multiple copies of the same gate in play, so I'd suggest running 2 G/W instead, or maybe 1 G/R and 1 W/U, or some other combination of the colors you're already using.

If Hold the Gates and Risen Sanctuary are central to your strategy (and Hold the Gates definitely seems to be), then you should have more than one copy of each. Right now there's only a 25% chance that you'll get one of those by turn 8. Eight turns is a long time to wait, and you'll only have the card 1 in 4 games. And what's worse, you only have a 6% chance of drawing both of them by turn 10. If the rest of your deck was highly tuned for stalling, you could do it, but the better option is to improve your odds.

I would also consider whether you really need Battleflight Eagle, Righteous Authority, and Firemane Avenger. It seems like they add the least amount of power to this deck, and they're inflexible. Angel's Mercy does work at instant speed, but so does the triggered ability of Font of Vigor, which may be better.

In the end, this is just advice from someone on the Internet. You're the one who plays and tests the deck, and you'll find more ways to improve it, I'm sure. It does look fun to play. :)

AlisterVal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 04:16:04 am »
Thanks  for advice, i've only gotten back into magic the gathering roughly half a year ago. Their is a lot i have forgotten, i'll see if i can find font of vigor. lol