deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Theres a first time for everything  (Read 1063 times)

tehdawg

• Decks
Theres a first time for everything
« on: October 12, 2013, 11:48:24 am »
Hi everyone!

This is my very first deck and therefore i would appreciate any feedback/comments that you might have, thx and have a nice day! =)

https://deckstats.net/decks/8359/38455-white-green-in-love-with-life-

tartopom

• Decks
Re: Theres a first time for everything
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »
Hi tehdawg.

I'm not an expert, but here is what I think.

First of all, I think you have too many cards that are present once. This is difficult to use because you won't be able to get them at a good frequency. The fact is that you also have no "premade" strategy. You should choose an aim. Something you want to do with your deck, than stick to it while choosing your cards.

A good thing for deckbuilding is to ask yourself, when you want to put a card in the deck, "is this card really serving the aim ?".

Concerning your cards, honestly, get rid of the staffs. Gaining lif in MTG seems strong, but it really isn't necessary. Focus on reducing your opponents life.
The elixir of immortality is a nice card to be played in scelled or draft. Not in constructed.

Take out enlarge and put Giant Growth. It's more effective.

You should reduce the amount of creature you have to put more cards of them in. Go to 4 banisher priest, 2 witchstalkers etc.

So here is my thoughts. My humble opinion. Maybe some mor experienced players will give you other feedback.

But never forget one thing, the first thing is to play a deck you have fun with.

tartopom

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 06:45:47 pm »
Tartopom is right. Way too many 1 of's, this deck would never have any consistency.

He's also right about the staff's. The only life gain I ever build into my decks are from lifelink or activated abilities. Things like the staffs just cost you mana, and space in your deck, that would be better used elsewhere.

Elixir of Immortality is a nice card if you're facing mill strategies, it's more of a sideboard card IMO.
This space for rent.

tehdawg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »
Hi and thank you very much for your feedback, i rly appreciate it! =)
I forgot to mention that i only have a limited amount of cards first of all (i bought a display (m14) and thats about it), so that makes my options fewer. However i can see that you both have some good points and ill try to make some changes to the deck.  8)

tartopom

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 01:12:33 am »
Don't hesitate to show us the reboot of your deck ^^