deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mono Black Vampire drain life / gain life - Comments  (Read 415 times)

Comment Bot

Mono Black Vampire drain life / gain life - Comments
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:30 pm »
This is the comment topic for Mono Black Vampire drain life / gain life.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Mono Black Vampire drain life / gain life.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

ddonche

• Decks
Re: Mono Black Vampire drain life / gain life - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:30 pm »
I love this deck. I think you did a great job of capitalizing on the theme and the capabilities of the Vampires. I have been making a similar deck myself, so yours actually gave me some great ideas. :)

vossi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 06:39:06 pm »
Thank you for your words, man!^^ I also think that all this blood sucking thing should be a vampire topic^^
But if anyone has some suggestions to make, please feel free to do so! :) I'm not what you would call an experienced player, so I'd like to hear some ideas if this is playable or not and why^^

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:17:43 pm »
A couple of suggestions for this deck can be found in the new battle for zendikar set and I think that you would like them very much. If you use defiant bloodlord then every time you gain any amount of health your opponent automatically loses that much. If you don't mind giving your opponent some extra cards you could play damnable pact to reduce their health quickly (if you have the mana to spare). Also bloodbond vampire keeps gaining +1/+1 counters every time you gain health so it'd be easy for you to have your vampire turn into a 5/5 on the field in no time flat. Lastly make sure that you have plenty of monster recursion in your deck since I see spells appear to be a large majority of this deck. Adding mortuary mire to this deck will give you the black mana you need AND put a creature on top of your deck. Talking about card advantage.

vossi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:16 pm »
Nice ideas! :) have'nt quite looked over alle the new cards, but I think you're right with the lands. mortuary mire can be a good advantage I guess, taking some of them in for sure! 
But how about the proportions? Spells - creatures , life draining cards (that I count on to win) - 'normal' combat creatures (bloodline keeper)/spells (feast of blood, dash hopes). Is the sideboard capable of giving me a good variety for different situations/opponent decks?
Or should I have more like typical black spells? duress, go for the throat, ...

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 07:33:24 am »
If your deck mostly emphasizes on the creatures' effects then you need to add cards that will keep them alive in combat, allow for them to reuse their effects and/or come back from the grave. However, if you're just going for the theme of vampires and you want the spells to do most of the work then make sure that they have long standing effects. Deck ratio wise I suggest starting the deck out with a little more than a 3rd of the deck being mana (this way it cuts down on mana droughts if you don't have the mana ramp going).The creature to spell ration depends solely on how you want to run the deck. I'd say 35% mana, 35% creatures, and 30% spells. Adjust this accordingly based off your play style. I always use more than 60 cards in a deck because I don't like using the minimum (but i never go over 70 cause that's too much in competitive play). But if it's mono vampires you want then shape up the deck based off the effects you're trying to use most often. For example, in my Esper (U/W/B) standard vampire deck I use black vampires and white kor allies. Though i had two creature types mostly and three colors I kept to the theme of kalastria healer with nirkana assassin, bloodbond vampire, and malakir familiar accordingly. I also combined these creatures with retreat to hagra, tandem tactics, pathway arrows (because a deathtouch creature dealing creature damage to another creature is still deathtouch damage even when using an artifact or enchantment to do so). So no matter what colors you choose, make sure the spells help the creatures or have the two work in unison.