deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: constructive criticism would be appreciated :)  (Read 707 times)

Indoral

• Decks
constructive criticism would be appreciated :)
« on: August 15, 2015, 10:55:19 pm »
Elvish Invasion

Mana ramp, mistcutter, overrun, memorial. It's pretty straight foward.

Crusader

• Decks
Re: constructive criticism would be appreciated :)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 12:35:34 am »
Decks like this pretty much rely on a good hand, or your opponent having an unplayable hand. This concept is a beaten path that goes back to Ice Age around 1996. Decks like this are mathematically capable of having bad luck streaks that will make you contemplate quitting MTG.  Use this site to make the real legacy elves build, and play it as solitaire. Same thing with ANT storm, Goblins, Affinity. These decks will teach you on what things to look for when building a deck. Also take a look at my Elf Druid build, though it really needs heritage druid reprints. It has some back up plans and tools built into the mix, but no where near perfect. Also avoid legacy unless your local playgroup uses the format. I see formats as weight categories in wrestling where vintage is Heavy Weight, and Legacy is the 215 guys. The next step down is 189 Which is modern, and so forth. Yes a guy that weighs 140 can trick a 215 guy once or twice during practice. But in a real match there is no competition, no getting away with stuff.
I would suggest sticking to the elf theme, and try to include more tribal bonus cards. I would personally run the non elf stuff in a different type of mana ramp deck.

Indoral

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 05:14:00 am »
Thank you for the advice. I've never played in any tourneys or anything. Usually just play casually with the same group of guys, so it's nice to get a point of view from people who aren't in the immediate circle.

RaneShines

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:11:04 am »
Ezuri, Renegade leader is a must! Plus Elvish Champion. Oh and Wren's Run Packmaster. Dem wolves doe!

RaneShines

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:21:04 am »
Oh and instead of Leaf Gilder. Try Elvish Mystic. Same thing pretty much but for 1 less. You lose 1 Power but something that is going to kill Elvish Mystic is going to kill Leaf Gilder unbuffed