deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Darkness of the sun  (Read 729 times)

George B

• Decks
[Standard] Darkness of the sun
« on: August 24, 2015, 11:13:31 pm »
Darkness of the sun

Use lifelink and sunbond to power up creatures. 

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Darkness of the sun
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:55:25 am »
When you play this, you are going to find that Sunbond is a turn slow. Further, there is a shortage of lifegain in here to effectively support.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

Joshua M

• Decks
Re: Darkness of the sun - Comments
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:40:29 pm »
You may say that now. Though you probably are just saying that because you don't want face it lol. The deck works even though it maybe slow because I tried it out and  it has a  1 win to 1 lose ratio, which is good in my book.
ENDLESS MANA IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR OR OTHER POSSIBLE INFINITE COMBOS!!!!!!!!!!

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Darkness of the sun
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:11:42 am »
I'm not afraid of many things in magic. Mirror matches come close, but only because they are boring.

I say that because I've tried to utilize Sunbond, multiple times in a myriad of decks embracing counters and lifegain. At 4 CMC, the enchantment is slow, and is far to situation dependent for its strength. It got pushed out of UB Peck of Life because there was always another card I wanted to play turn 4. Hero of Iroas makes more efficient, but at that point you're crowding out your abilities to gain life.

I've play tested Sunbond as mono color, and even every dual and tri combination. It is a turn slow, and far to dependent. Works as filler for a Commander deck though.

So, what have you been beating with this?
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx