deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My first standard deck.  (Read 841 times)

yodinyer

• Decks
My first standard deck.
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:36:48 am »
I just got into MTG, bought a Theros fat pack, a couple intro decks and some boosters. Which is where most of these rares came from.

Anyone have any thoughts about this deck? Mainly from Theros as I don't plan on getting into any other blocks/sets. Any ideas on what to throw into the sideboard? Annul? Boon of Erebos? Read the bones instead of Glimpse the Future?

http://deckstats.net/decks/8802/41245-whip-it-good-

Shanoa

• Decks
Re: My first standard deck.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:30:05 pm »

Sip of Hemlock is terrible.

Other cards worth looking into.

Dimir Charm
Far/Away
Duress (budget Thoughtseize)
Doom Blade

yodinyer

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:02 pm »
I initially made a completely rogue deck, then merged it with the theros black intro deck and that's where the Sip of Hemlock's came from. Honestly I just left them in there cause I thought it'd make the mana curve better. It looks like I need more creatures so I'll look into some 3 drop creatures to help the curve out more and bring my creature % closer to 40%. Am I paying too much attention to the curve at this point?

But I'd love some Doom Blade, Duress or Thoughtseize. Hope I pull at least one in the next few packs I pick up.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:02:17 pm by yodinyer »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:31:28 am »
No, your curve could stand to be a little lower.
This space for rent.