deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Legacy] Relentless Rat Turn 2 Win Legacy (trying to make a tourny contender)  (Read 1389 times)

jellyrfresh

• Decks

Quirion

• Get. Raked.
  • Decks
Re: Relentless Rat Turn 2 Win Legacy - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »
Turn 2 in Christmastown.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Relentless Rat Turn 2 Win Legacy - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »
id swap Basal Thrull for bubbling muck .... or keep as is haha :)

Drunk Cynic

• Abusing the Terrible and Neglected
  • Decks
So, how many cards do you need out of 8 to make this happen?

Swamp, Swamp, Relentless Rat, Thrumming Stone, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, and Dark Ritual?
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.
If I throw statistics at you, they likely came from:
https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/hypergeometric.aspx

VincentVG

• Decks
So, how many cards do you need out of 8 to make this happen?

Swamp, Swamp, Relentless Rat, Thrumming Stone, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, and Dark Ritual?

So, let's try:
T1, swamp
T2, another swamp, dark ritual x3 (8 mana), thrumming stone, relentless rats, you reveal 4 relentless rats from top of library (let's say it's true) you have 5 6/6 on battlefield. Without Haste.
T3, swa-oooooh...

or:
T1, swamp, dark ritual X4 (^-^') so 9 mana, thrumming stone relentless rats, you reveal 4 f-ing relentless rats, you have 5 6/6 in play.
T2, attack and win (IF the opponent doesn't have 2 creatures or counters/destroys thrumming stone or..). And easter bunny appears and gives you an egg.

It's technically possible, but you need to be a lucky bastard to win turn2.

jellyrfresh

• Decks
Not consistent but possible,  I just wanna drop rats on foes

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
You missed part of the interaction VincentVG. With Thrumming Stone in play, you could possibly cast the other 23 Relentless Rats cards in the same turn. You reveal the top four and can cast every Relentless Rats that is shown. Every Relentless rat you cast creates another trigger, and for each you can reveal 4 more. Short a complete whiff, you can chew through the entire deck.
Perpetual Johnny. Interactions and originality are preferable to winning, though winning doesn't hurt.

VincentVG

• Decks
Holy s***!!!! I don't even think to imagine that. Is OP  :o
Well, in this case i apologize and agree with jellyrfresh, it's a really good combo but needs some luck (not that much as i thought).
Thumbs up!

Drunk Cynic

• Decks
The likelihood of it happening is slim. The chance of the deck lasting with zero answers are even less.

Just be happy Infinite Obliteration isn't likely to be in the sideboards.

VincentVG

• Decks
Chance to win are like the most of combo decks. One card can mess them up, but they're really funny to play casual or just to see them and think about.

Quirion

• Get. Raked.
  • Decks
Re: [Legacy] Relentless Rat Turn 2 Win Legacy (trying to make a tourny contender)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 03:39:53 am »
Most combo decks in Legacy win because they're consistent and can protect themselves. TES plays cards like Duress and Cabal Therapy. Show and Tell plays Force of Will. Etc.

The deck is cute, but it's not going to compete in the environment. A simple litmus test for Legacy is to play against Burn. If you cannot defeat it consistently, the deck needs to be retooled. Burn comprises a plurality of the field, simple because of its relatively inexpensive price. Once you can win consistently against them, start testing against the other decks. What does this deck do against a Turn 2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Omniscience? What does it do against TES? Combo Elves? Miracles?

I don't want to sound negative, but the Legacy environment is going to look at this deck like it's a bye. I would recommend building it in Modern, where you have a little more time to allow the plan to come to fruition.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks