deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Thopter tremors  (Read 609 times)

Gunagath

• Decks
[Standard] Thopter tremors
« on: September 29, 2015, 04:48:18 am »
Thopter tremors

This deck is built around the highly underestimated enchant Impact Tremors.

The basic strategy revolves around starting out with the Keeper of the Lens and Hangarback Walker, while playing tremors in the second and/or third turn. Then, all the thopter spawning creatures kick in prompting tremors twice or three times (with Pia and Kiran Nalaar or Hordeling Outburst) per turn, dealing from two to six damages per creature played and filling the battlefiled with flying 1/1's that get pumped up by the Chief of the Foundry.

Kolaghan Forerunners provide you with a cheap finisher with trampling that can be played with dash for extra tremors every turn if they don't die, while if the game lasts for a bit longer, you can play Descent of the Dragons as every new token will also prompt even more tremors and will fill your field with lots of 4/4 flying dragons.

Outnumber is there to provide you with a cheap removal for early turns, and Thopter Engineer not only spawns thopters but she also gives them haste, while being a decent 1/3.

Finally, by turn 3 you can play a Chief of the Foundry and then Hangarback Walker for free (he won't die because he gets +1/+1 from the Chief) and then start building up counters. Just sacrifice the Walker with Pia and Kiran Nalaar for 2 damage plus a tremors prompt per counter it had.

Kanga2roo123

• Decks
Re: Thopter tremors - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 04:54:25 am »
Purphoros, God of the Forge would be proud. Have you considered outpost siege to get the same trigger as impact tremors when your creatures die? Or even when you dash kolaghan forerunners.

Gunagath

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:11:58 am »
Hopefully you're not suggesting Purphoros, God of the Forge because he rotates out of Standard in less than two weeks haha.

And yeah, I have considered Outpost Siege but ended up discarding it since it revolves around playing creatures and not kiling them, and considering it would appear at turn 4, I think it's much better to focus on playing creatures by that time.

I used to have Ghirapur Aether Grid instead of the Hangarback Walkers, but then realised the same thing, way too expensive by the time it can be effective.

Thanks for the input tho :D

KlaiveMist

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 08:52:20 pm »
If I were to play a mono-red deck this would be close to what I would run, but Outpost would be in it.