deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Need help with an R/G stompy/ramping deck  (Read 1917 times)

swordknight

• Decks
Need help with an R/G stompy/ramping deck
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:25:20 am »
The deck is here:
http://deckstats.net/decks/9618/45981-r-g-ramping-deck

I'm not sure of what changes I should make to it. I've been thinking of maybe dropping Satyr Hedonist for something else, but I'm not sure what yet.  The justification for keeping that card was to accelerate mana growth and get out monstrosity ember swallower faster but in preliminary testing that hasn't really worked out yet.
Another thing I'm wonder is if I need elvish mystics or zhur-taa druids? Or maybe I have too many burn cards and not enough creatures? I'm not too sure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

ICEWOLF

• Decks
Re: Need help with an R/G stompy/ramping deck
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 01:02:44 pm »
druids do so much work in my similar deck - I would cut the burning tree emissary for them. The only reason I have kept them in mine is for extra creatures to give me more Xenagos ramp. Hedonists vs Mystics I would take the Mystics as you not only need to ramp into the dragons and embers but also into monstrosity for them so you need to not sacrifice them

mine is more green then red and has been a lot of fun to play

http://deckstats.net/decks/7103/47833-gruul-ramp/en

draven787

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:44 am »
My dad has a red/green deck like this but we haven't entered it in yet. I will give you the link when he does. I have some advice though more Stomping Grounds and Temples. No guildgates and get a Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Get a Domri Rade. Get some Mistcutters and Storm Breath Dragons.
FNM Warrior! MTG Deckbuilding Mastermind!

Ragamander

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:32:08 am »
I've been toying around with a similar idea.
http://deckstats.net/decks/10048/48656-ths-rg-devotion-ramp

It's using Boros Reckoner against aggro decks (instead of Anger of the Gods), which allows me to maintain my own board position and combos quite well with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:34:07 am by Ragamander »

BloodxHunter

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
I think you should mana ramp in something like the Gruul Ragebeast I used it in my sad five color deck and found it disrupts their plans quiet well. A Signal The Clans is a good and cheap way of getting some of the ramps you need, like Llanowar Elves, or Gyre Sage

BloodxHunter

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:36 pm »
Actually I shouldn't mention the llanowar elves. still getting used to the Idea of Standard

KillbornX

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 12:02:29 am »
here is the link to the deck Draven787 was talking about

http://deckstats.net/decks/4524/44803-r-g-ramp-nov-v2?saved=1&lng=en

Styrofoam02

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 01:18:37 am »
cut the Satyr Hedonists.  Cut the Anger of the Gods, (that kills all of your ramp.  all of it) Add 4 Elvish Mystic and 2 Polukranos, World Eater.

I'd also recommend cutting some or all of the burn in favor of running Domri Rade... or pit fight.

kuryan100

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 03:16:34 am »
I've made a G/R deck and mine is the same. I would take out those Saytr Hedonist. I would put Druids in like the others said. I would also put maybe Mizzium Mortars. They are good for board clearing at the end. I would also put in Ruric Thar the Unbowed.