deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 6 Pack Sealed League Deck Options  (Read 514 times)

dark_drake

• Decks
6 Pack Sealed League Deck Options
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:24:06 am »
Hi All,

Been awhile since I've played MTG. Getting back into with a few buddies from work who all pitched in for a sealed league.

Currently we just got our packs. I've put together a simple deck, but didn't really get a chance to sit down and think of a strategy.

Rules for the league is basic 40 card draft. 6 Packs to start, 1 more pack after week 2, another pack after week 4.

1 opponent a week. Best of 3 games per opponent.

40 cards minimum - unlimited sideboard (of cards from your packs) and unlimited basic lands.

I'd love to hear your strategies and any options on what to change or potential decks I can make out of this set.

Currently focusing around Kiora, but I could build an ally deck around Munda.

Let me know what you think!

Link to deck:
https://deckstats.net/decks/49927/344801-sealed-league-deck

mafia1015

• Decks
Re: 6 Pack Sealed League Deck Options
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:40:55 pm »
Your deck looks fine but it doesn't seem to have a good finisher.  A couple of quick comments:

1. Remember that Skyline Cascade doesn't actually tap a creature, it just makes it not untap.  Not saying it's a bad card, but it is a very common mistake.

2. Why aren't you playing Blighted Cataract?  If you're only 2 colors, you should add that land in.  Being able to tap it for mana early, and then sac it to draw cards later on is great.

3. 16 lands seems pretty low.  I'd probably go up to 17 by taking out the Unnatural Aggression for the land I mentioned above.

4. I think Kozilek's Channeler is better than dispel. There are going to be a lot of times that dispel sits in your hand because your opponent doesn't have an instant.  A 4/4 body that can also tap for 2 mana seems good, even if you don't have a lot to be ramping into.

5. If you open any mana dorks (like lifespring druid) in the next packs, you could consider splashing white for smite the monstrous and the skyrider elf.

6. Maybe you should already be playing white? There seem to be a bunch of good cards there but I can't really look at that list and get a good feel for drastic changes.

dark_drake

• Decks
Re: 6 Pack Sealed League Deck Options
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 12:07:53 am »
I appreciate all the feedback. I do agree with swapping the dispel and land, helps with the curve a bit.

I could run white, but I wasn't able to come up with a decent strategy looking at the cards, but if I sit and think about it long enough I'm sure I could come up with something.