deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Rakdos Demons Revision 1- Looking for advice!  (Read 1606 times)

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
[Modern] Rakdos Demons Revision 1- Looking for advice!
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:28:12 pm »
GazorpazorpDeck

Death and domination!

Tcfaulkn64

• Decks
Re: GazorpazorpDeck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:00:16 am »
Youve got great removal, I always like Ultimate Price or Hero's Downfall. Eater of Hope would fit pretty good too.
"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten."

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Rakdos Demons Revision 1- Looking for advice!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:56:05 am »
Thanks! I like Hero's Downfall but Dreadbore does the same thing for two mana. Eater of Hope is super cool. I'm gonna need to move some things around. The main goal of this deck is to get Master of Cruelties out as quickly as possible, make him unblockable or wipe out my opponents blockers, then lightning bolt ftw.
I've been thinking about getting rid of Heartless Summoning to open up those slots, since Rakdos, Lord of Riots can help knock down my casting costs without hindering my power... But I'm undecided so far. I'll probably just bite the bullet and buy way more cards than I need to test out what plays best.

austinjf22

• Decks
Re: GazorpazorpDeck - Comments
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 07:47:13 am »
Nice looking...got some good simulated hands too. Glaring Spotlight will be finding its way to my sideboard with some of these tools I'm forced to play daily...😣😣😝

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 05:04:39 pm »
Thanks, bro! I've been playing this deck a lot lately, and it is mean! I was told it's not a deck to play with your friends  ;)
It'll see some FNM play as soon as my schedule allows. It still needs a solid sideboard.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 06:38:57 pm »
Just to give you a heads up, Ob nixilus' effect does not work with slaughter games Because you are searching their library and they're not searching it themselves. If you added hell-hole flailer to this deck and pump him up with spell enhancements (like lightning talons, sure strike  or kindled fury and then sac him then that's a huge health swing and your creatures all get played for cheap due to Rakdos on the field. I would recommend adding morgue burst because it gives you creature recursion, deals damage, and if rakdos is on the field you can play that creature for less mana depending on how strong it is. Add some thrill kill assassins and rakdos shred-freak then you'll have a quick and painful deck. If you add the Guildgate and some bloodfell caves you can get that dual land action going and gain some health in the process.
    Also some other good creatures to add would be carnage gladiator, carnival hellstead, cryptborn horror, dark revenant (if you play the eater of hope), drainpipe vermin (for hand control), grim roustabout (don't unleash him, use him as a wall that regenerates), guttersnipe, rakdos ragemutt, and splatter thug would all be good for this deck.

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 09:37:08 pm »
I realize that. I mostly put Slaughter Games in because I know all my friends decks, so I can get rid of their win con. And Ob Nixilis, honestly should be sideboarded for when I'm playing against decks with fetchlands  (or cards like Momir Vig).
I love Cryptborn Horror!! And Drainpipe Vermin!
Lots of great ideas here again. Thanks man! I'm definitely going to do some rebuilding.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:29:33 pm by remingtonrohrbach »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 05:53:25 am »
Just remember that A Rakdos deck isn't always as tricky as most people think. Hard, fast, and consistent damage are what you want to go for. You want to PUNISH your opponent every chance you get and if that means destroying your own creatures to deal more damage to them...so be it. Just look at the block in its entirety, look at how the guild as a whole operates, and then build your deck around that idea with your inventory. Sure wizards create sets with their own mechanics but once you learn those mechanics you can apply them to other decks in many ways. For instance, If you played warstorm surge with stalking vengeance and then played rakdos shred-freak and then sacrificed him using fling then you could potentially deal up to 8 points of damage in just one turn. See what I mean, damage at any cost.

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »
Here's a new edited version! https://deckstats.net/decks/6295/350052-gazorpazorpdeck

It runs smoother now in the first 3-4 turns while my mana base is building up.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »
Now that is a deck to be proud of. With the current meta it is worth keeping Ob Nixilis in the deck. Personally i would swap out the skirsdag high priest with some slum reaper and more drainpipe vermin because in this deck you want to either attack with creatures or sacrifice them. Tapping your own creatures only slows down the deck. Also combo break through the line with your master of cruelties and that's game.

remingtonrohrbach

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:41 pm »
Oooh, Break Through The Line is a good one for it!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 06:47:11 am »
Like i said, it's a finisher.