deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: R/G Ramping Deck - Comments  (Read 787 times)

Comment Bot

R/G Ramping Deck - Comments
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:02:06 pm »
This is the comment topic for R/G Ramping Deck.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für R/G Ramping Deck.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Reaper66

• Decks
Re: R/G Ramping Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:02:06 pm »
Hi, after building a deck similar to this I think I see some of the things you should work on. I made a R/G land destruction deck that can really get it's ramp on. 4 elvish mystic, 4 sylvan caryatid and 2 zhur-taa druid. also, fetching lands from cards like 4 sylvan primordial and 4 frenzied tilling. I then also have 4 ember swallower and 4 demolish to slow my opponent down. every game I see my single colossus of akros I can have him monstrous and attacking by turn 7 and that's 10 mana right there. I think If you stick to the same formula, You could get ember swallower or stormbreath dragon monstrous and attacking as early as turn 5. I dont have any nykthos or Xenagos, but they would help too. burning tree emmisary doesn't really help in a ramp deck without nykthos or xenagos as she only works the turn she comes in, and doesnt add mana but only replaces what you used on her.

I'm looking at your early game and I don't think it will be enough to ramp. the hedonist is not good as a ramper in your deck because you only get to use him once. if you only want to ramp into one thing that's fine, but to summon and monstrous you need permanent ramp, especially if you sac 3 lands to your ember swallower, that strategy only works if you have more mana dorks on the field afterwards. and 8 mana dorks is usually enough, but for consistency 10 is the number.

also, your anger of the gods would kill your ramp guys too. I run 3 bow of nylea to gain life against aggro, take care of fliers and also recycle cards in my grave. in the mirror and in general it works well because adding a +1+1 counter to a sylvan caryatid or elvish mystic every turn takes it out of anger of the gods range and allows you to build up a mana dork which could work well as a blocker, you should consider the same. I think you should also find space in the main or side for fade into antiquity. this deck looks like it might struggle against turned-on gods. Maybe also rangers guile, as the last thing you want is to summon your dragon, monstrous it, attack and walk right into a hero's downfall.

also, I think the 4 magma jet are a bit much. they miss fliers like desecration demon and nightveil specter, and the scry 2 is useful but dealing only 2 damage isn't where you want to be. the 4 lightning strike are okay, but instead of drawing a damage spell, a deck like this wants to rather draw a creature an opponent cant handle or a threat on it's own e.g. bow of nylea. maybe splash black for dreadbore or consider an X damage spell if you still want that many spells. I'm also not sold on the gruul charms, as you already have the anger of the gods which hits everything, and the blocking ability is not relevant as you should be dropping creatures big enough that if blocked, they shouldn't be in trouble, Nylea main board could be better for pushing though damage anyway.

if you have anything else you want help with feel free to ask, or Take a look here and you can see what I am trying and maybe take some ideas from it.
https://deckstats.net/decks/1956/45165-rg-land-destruction/en