deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck 1 - Comments  (Read 292 times)

Comment Bot

Deck 1 - Comments
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:14:32 am »
This is the comment topic for Deck 1.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Deck 1.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Sethalith

• Decks
Re: Deck 1 - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 02:14:32 am »
This is the first deck i've actually made myself so any thoughts or ideas would be great

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 07:31:55 am »
This is a pretty good deck so far. I see the purpose behind this deck but there are some areas that you can improve upon;
     1) Even though the deck is mono black it helps to have a geared focus with this deck. A good place to start is to use underworld dreams to its fullest. Using cards like damnable pact and sign in blood to make your opponent draw a whole bunch of cards will put your opponent in a tight spot with the reduced hand size. Also a creature like sangromancer, would help using your opponent's misfortunes to your advantage. All you'd need would be one mind rot and could empty a person's hand in one turn.

2) next try to use more updated cards, some cards that do more than one thing. Say for instance; black knight instead of order of the ebon hand, wring flesh instead of eye gouge, crippling blight instead of weakness. Think of cards in that manner, cards that have similar attributes but are more effective towards your deck's goal. Also waste not could be an all purpose card for being used against a person you're making discard. mind rot, drainpipe vermin, and black cat would be good investments to have as well.

3) Lastly try using the mono black theme to your advantage. You have one of the strongest colors as far as control and destruction goes. If you can get enough of your hand limiting creatures and use your black mana for cards like corrupt, maw of the mire, and tendrils or corruption.   Let me know what you think about the ideas ok?

Sethalith

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »
I'll keep my eyes out for these cards, although im using card that i got from my uncle to make it and i dont think i have those ones. So far this is the only mono color deck i have been able to run too. I'm trying to make a tournament deck which is why i decided to post it here for thoughts on it, so thanks. i would appreciate more input on ideas for this deck or over all tips. All i really know to go off of is a theme, keep the deck in 3rds, and try and keep it manna efficient

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »
     When when you're first building a deck the minimum is 60 cards but I always go up to at the most 70 or 75 (cause the minimum puts me in tight position as far as milling and deck construction go). Also the cards that I mentioned you don't HAVE to have them, but they would help. If you ever go to a local card shop just look through their bulk cards and you'll see cards that will stand out to you.

If you're making a tournament deck (for standard) then the only card sets you're allowed to use are Battle for Zendikar, magic origins, and the entire Tarkir block. If the tournament is modern then you can go a\back as far as the original Mirrodin block.  Unfortunately the only modern cards in this deck are the core sets 9 and up, and the kamigawa set cards on forward. Here's a link to see what's modern and what's standard [ https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/formats ]. This should help you in the long run. Personally I don't like to dismantle people's decks so I'll let you build up your collection and make changes before hand.

The decks overall ratio as far as lands, creatures, and spells is good and you have a nice mana curve going. If you keep the deck in a similar fashion but find new cards to update it then it should perform to your liking. Also card recommendations can only go as far as you know what you want the deck to do. Black is a color that can do almost anything as far as; Milling, Discarding, Exiling, Life draining, and especially creature removal. Look over the cards you have now and let me know something: What do you want your deck to do?