deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: B/G Rock - Comments  (Read 1025 times)

Comment Bot

B/G Rock - Comments
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:47:51 am »
This is the comment topic for B/G Rock.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für B/G Rock.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Reaper66

• Decks
Re: B/G Rock - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:47:51 am »
This deck looks pretty solid, I think it could look a lot like devotion to golgari...The read the bones should go in favour of underworld connections, because a stable and repeatable type of card advantage will help against control and midrange decks, while the 2 damage from this and the overgrown tombs will add up against aggro decks.

I would also consider cutting 1 pack rat, 1 desecration demon and 1 deathrite shaman, so you can add 1 reaper of the wilds and mainboard 2 golgari charm. I mainboard a full set in my B/G devotion deck as it tends to be a board wipe against weenie decks, or beats both supreme verdict and detention sphere against control and just helps your creatures survive against removal or combat.

also, I would find space in the sideboard for pithing needle, because in control matchups they never cast their finisher e.g. elspeth or aetherling without leaving mana open for counter spells or to blink, so hero's downfall isn't as great as it looks against control. mistcutter hydra and lotleth troll would also help, as the troll has regen against supreme verdict and the hydra cant be countered and has proc blue.

mordred87

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »
http://deckstats.net/decks/9986/49872-devotion-to-golgari

This is my "devotion to golgari" deck. I've considered your advices! ;-)

Reaper66

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »
it looks very nice, I think it's very solid and could have a good matchup against control, I am wondering about the nykthos though? A deck like this doesn't really need to generate lots of mana, just hitting land drops is enough.

I am also wondering about the shaman and ooze as 4-of for both. you need to ask yourself what your meta game is like? how often is your deck up against another graveyard strategy? Ideally, that is the role of golgari colours, to use a big graveyard. all other decks don't really use theirs like that so both of these cards are less powerful. I still say take the ooze to 3 of, and the shaman to 2 of, so you can fit in reaper of the wilds. the hexproof on that thing has won me games all by itself just because it can't be removed.

I like this devotion to golgari deck, it looks much better though, just keep tuning it to the decks in your meta and it should do great  :)