deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: A few mill cards, will be a deck soon - Comments  (Read 522 times)

Comment Bot

A few mill cards, will be a deck soon - Comments
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:18:41 pm »
This is the comment topic for A few mill cards, will be a deck soon.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für A few mill cards, will be a deck soon.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

alv

• Decks
Re: A few mill cards, will be a deck soon - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:18:41 pm »
i am building a similar deck and your card selection gave me a couple of ideas, looking foward to see the whole ting finished! BTW: leave me a comment if you need help and i´ll be stoked to lend a hand!

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »
Hey alv,
I´ll let you know if it´s finished ;)
I´m happy to give you some ideas. Maybe it will be finished at the weekend

Soullarva

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:50:44 am »
So mill is my favorite thing in all of Mtg. I have a mill deck that I am very happy with. My recommendations are to not focus on creature power, focus on abilities. Like, I used to run Wright of Precinct Six, but there are so many other things that I think are better (of course, this also depends on what you really want to go for. If you want to do a zombie mill deck, he would fit perfect and would be a must have.) Make a clear definition of what your mill method is and commit to it FULLY (and there are a lot of mill methods), If you're going for damage and mill, as in you're just using your opponents graveyard against them more than actually winning via mill (cuz damage will always kill them first) I would recommend Mindcrank. I used to run Mindcrank, but I kept killing with damage and I'd rather mill someone out. And last piece of advice, what really changed my deck and made it a lot stronger, was using almost purely Dimir mill. Like, 95% of the cards in my mill deck are both black and blue and are either from Ravinca or Return to Ravnica blocks. It makes mana distribution a lot easier and mixed color cards tend to be more powerful (i.e. Mind Sculpt vs. Glimpse the Unthinkable.) But in the end, don't be afraid to experiment with it and play around. Mill is one of the hardest things to pull off in Magic, but also one of the most rewarding. And if you do it right, it's one of the most difficult strategies to counter. Mill is hardcore.

max2519

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 07:48:39 am »
Hi Soullarva,
thanks for your comment. At the moment I´m not sure which tactic this deck will be , I was just gathering some Cards that may be used later.
Thank you for remind me of Mindcrank , I totally forgot that. I guess this deck will Focus on multiplayer, especially 1vs1vs1vs1 which makes Mindcrank the perfect choise

max2519

• Decks
Re: A collection of mill cards, will be a deck soon - Comments
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 08:05:08 am »
For multiplayer gameplay  I guess a combination of Mindcrank, Mesmeric Orb, Memory Erosion, Consuming Aberration and Mind Grid would be perfect. The mill power of them is so strong because it Targets each Opponent, sometimes even i don´t have to do anything because it Triggers automatically.
I also want to create a strong Sideboard to make this one useable in single Player games
My biggest fear is that mill won´t be fast enough, but i will see if it is complete.