deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] 100%(ish) Win rate on turn 1  (Read 189 times)

megamicah

• Decks
[Casual] 100%(ish) Win rate on turn 1
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:30:58 am »
100%(ish) Win rate on turn 1

DISCLAIMER: There is probably some rule that negates this deck. I don't know it, but if you do, please let me know.

This deck is meant for the Freeform format. It's the only format that allows ante cards. Anyway, on to how the deck works.
All of the Rebirths get removed before the game starts (because no one's going to want to play for ante), leaving you with only the other seven cards. You draw all of them in your opening hand. The Leyline of Anticipation comes into play turn 0. Use three of the Lotus Petals to play Laboratory Maniac. Use the remaining Lotus Petal for the Ajani's Presence, so your opponent can't kill the Laboratory Maniac before it's ability gets to activate. At the beginning of your turn, because you have no cards in your library, Laboratory Maniac's ability triggers, winning you the game.
The only way this deck will lose is if someone know's what you're doing and says they want to play for ante.

Charles T.

• Decks
Re: 100%(ish) Win rate on turn 1 - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:54:12 am »
Ahah, so fun deck !

I don't think it's legal to only have 40 cards in a Vintage deck (this is legal in a draft for not having to play 5 colors or to open 12 boosters :D)
Plus, 33 Rebirth is not legal, 4 is the maximum number of a a single card (except some cards that specifies it like Relentless Rats).

Force of Will can also be a trouble

Nonetheless, I think it's fun if you play with friends

megamicah

• Decks
Re: 100%(ish) Win rate on turn 1 - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:24:17 pm »
Thanks!

About the 40 cards and 33 Rebirth, this deck is meant to be played using Freeform rules (Link ). Freeform allows all cards, with no maximum card quantity, and a 40 card minimum deck. It's the only format that would accommodate this deck being so awful. But Freeform wasn't a choosable format option, so Vintage was the closest one.

And you're right, Force of Will is a problem. The deck would probably be better with 2 Force of Wills instead of the 4th Lotus Petal and Ajani's Presence. Of course, you'd have to exile the other Force of Will to make it work, but at least you could counter destroy spells, burn spells, AND counter spells.

Wow, I ramble on a lot.
Thanks for your input!