deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: All Spells - Comments  (Read 394 times)

Comment Bot

All Spells - Comments
« on: November 20, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »
This is the comment topic for All Spells.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für All Spells.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

BettrHlfOfChris

• Decks
Re: All Spells - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »
I really admire the way this deck is structured. I'm curious about the use of mana generating cards requiring the card to be sacrificed, as opposed to tapping cards or use counters with the same cost, such as Avacyn's Pilgrim or Mana Bloom.  Is there an advantage to sacrificing them?  Maybe a creature card that benefits from the grave yard?  My question isn't meant as a criticism in any way; I'm new to MTG and appreciate decks that think outside the box.

voezen

• Decks
Re: All Spells - Comments
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »
Thank you. Actually this list is made by a genius called Kyle Chandler.
It tries to win on turn 1 by having 4 mana to cast Undercity Informer or Balustrade Spy. This combo only works without having a single land in the deck. So the reason why you generate mana by sacrificing your stuff or exiling cards from your hand is: you need to go off as fast as possible to assure, that the opponent isn't able do that much against it. So for this particular deck Mr. Chandler avoids manasources that don't generate mana in the same turn they came into play. A huge loss of value in favor of tempo. :-)