deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Van Helsing's Descendant - Comments  (Read 690 times)

Comment Bot

Van Helsing's Descendant - Comments
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »
This is the comment topic for Van Helsing's Descendant.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Van Helsing's Descendant.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Rusty

• Decks
Re: Van Helsing's Descendant - Comments
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »
I am always open for improvements of my decks. Feel free to discuss...

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 09:38:36 am »
You know the name of this deck is quite misleading. Hearing about van helsing's descendants i assumed that there would be white humans. However if you're going to play B/R then you should consider playing some non vampire creatures as well in this deck. Reason being is due to a combo I just made based off of your deck; Anowon, the ruin sage + havengul vampire + tenacious dead/thatcher revolt/endless ranks of the dead/maalfeld twins or slum reaper. The beauty of this combo is that dying creatures makes your havengul vampire that much stronger. And if you have the stromkirk captain on the field then victory will be assured with the first strike effect. How does that sound?   

Rusty

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 03:43:19 pm »
You are right about the misleading name. I have chosen it after some discussions with friends, the idea was like: Van Helsing was a vampire hunter and the archenemy of dracula, the people who want to play against this deck have to do something similar. But forget about the name. I like your ideas with the Havengul Vampire. Especially because you do not really need to use tokens if you would use it in this deck. The ability of the Viscera Seer allows you to sacrifice a creature whenever you want and if you use the bloodghast, it will come back into play every time you play a land. This even gets more painful for your opponent if you trigger the ability of Kalastria Highborn. With her and a possibility to sacrifice your creatures you can basically kill of your opponent very fast. For your combo, the Gatekeeper of Malakir would be also a good option because he destroys an enemy creature, gives you a solid body vampire and can tirgger the ability of the Havengul Vampire as well.
However I won't put non black creature cards in this deck because I want to use the ability of the Vampire Nocturnus as often as possible as I use him as my finisher if everything works. He is also the reason why I am playing the Viscera Seer - I can sacrifice a Bloodghast and change the top card of my library this way if I need to (using the Kalastria Highborn ability simultaneously). This is also the reason why I am playing Liliana of the dark realms - she can sort colorless swamps out of my library (and I can play a land every turn this way for the Bloodghast).
Anyway, thank you very much for your comment.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:46:04 pm by Rusty »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:10:10 pm »
It's no problem. Also I you want you might want to tweak the mana a little bit on it so you're not drawing too much red. You could always play evolving wilds and diabolic tutr to make this happen faster. Also the butcher of malakir would be instrumental since the death effect of any creature would cause your opponent to sacrifice as well. If you add retreat to hagra you could gain life or give a creature death touch whatever be your preference. This would work out well because your stromkirik captain would give them first strike and the enchantment would give them death touch, you see where i'm going with this? Also her's another combo for you; bloodflow connoisseur/falkenrath torturer + thatcher revolt + village cannibals. This way you can mass produce the red HUMAN tokens, you could sacrifice ALL of them in one turn because the two black vampires i just mentioned can activate their effects repeatedly in one turn, and the death trigger will activate on everyone causing a HUGE power swing in your favor. Liking it so far?

Rusty

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:49 pm »
Hey, I like the way this goes. The token option and the combos are definitly worth trying. I will play around and do some mind games with that. I will also check the mana base options I have and how this would work. Thanks. ^^

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:54:06 am »
It's no problem. Last combo option i have for you is this; retreat to hagra + defiant bloodlord + falkenrath noble/blood artist/stonewright/driver of the dead + 2-drop creatures you don't need or want to die. Objective; use defiant bloodlord's effect to drain health twice as fast from your enemies by using the vampire's draining effects.