deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: [Casual] Knights of Day and Night  (Leído 1148 veces)

Aldaron91

• Decks
[Casual] Knights of Day and Night
« en: Diciembre 12, 2015, 12:48:37 am »
Knights of Day and Night

Hello guys, I'll like to get your opinion on these deck, what can I change to make it better.
It is a casual deck, not intended for tournaments, but I do want to win!

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] Knights of Day and Night
« Respuesta #1 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 08:23:57 am »
     Firstly you're gonna want to add more basic lands to this deck. Reason being; if you draw too many non basic lands then it'll slow down your plays. You'll be waiting longer to play good cards sitting in your hand.

Next add some more knights like the black knight, knight of infamy, and protection spells that give your creatures death touch and first strike. This will help your creatures stay on the board longer.

Lastly remember that you're playing two of the strongest colors in the game as far as controlling combat goes. Creature removal will be easier if you play cards that have convoke as you make knight/ soldier/ zombie tokens for devouring light and endless obedience. Just a couple of ideas that I saw might be helpful.

Aldaron91

• Decks
Re: Knights of Day and Night - Comments
« Respuesta #2 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 04:00:06 pm »
Thanks a lot for the insight!!
Concerning the more Knights  idea, I was thinking of Knight of the White Orchid, just because I don't want to fall behind in lands because of path to exile, and black knight is a good addition.
About the lands I'm not sure what to do exactly, I think the fetch lands could be the solution, but I'd rather spend my money in more swords of fire and ice.

Aldaron91

• Decks
Re: Knights of Day and Night - Comments
« Respuesta #3 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 05:05:22 pm »
Ok, so I changed knight of the holy nimbus for knight of the white orchid, and marcenary Knight for black knight and white knight, so now every creature has first strike except Haakon, I also added more basilisk collar just for the death touch, the only thing is that I only have buried alive to bring Haakon into play, and the purpose of this deck is not being afraid of loosing creatures since I have him to bring them back into play. I don't know if that will be enough...

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »
I would recommend cutting the fetid heath and godless shrine down to two copies and adding more basics. Also have you considered playing cards that have discard effects? If you add mind rot then you can either target the opponent OR yourself and discard him that way. Or you can play macabre waltz and get some of your creatures back and then drop him right into the grave from your hand. How does that sound? This way you have some interaction with your opponent and they won't just be sniping off your creatures. Also coat with venom would go great in this deck since so many of your creatures have first strike.

Aldaron91

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 07:38:34 pm »
I'm not so shure about cutting fetid Heath and godless shrine, because being able to have both colors in one card seems much more useful than drawing a plain when what I really need is a swamp.

Coat with venom sounds very nice, I didn't have it in the list because of the rebound in virulent swipe, but more death touch sounds good enough. Instead  of mind rot I was thinking in ravens crime, just because it is only one swamp.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Diciembre 14, 2015, 11:42:42 pm »
Fair enough, as long as you know what you want to run.