deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Exalted Infect  (Read 804 times)

The deaf warrior

• Decks
Exalted Infect
« on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »
Exalted Infect

Black Infect Exalted aggro/control. I was wondering, what could be done to this deck to improve the speed and consistency while still staying within a budget range of about $80?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Exalted Infect
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »
I encourage adding some graveyard recursion and hand hate to this deck. Say for instance your best creatures are in the graveyard, if you play victimize (sacrificing your black cat or drainpipe vermin) then you get 2 good creatures back to the field and you get to make your opponent discard. Add some mind rots and tendrils of corruption and corrupt and you'll have a pretty solid build as far as versatility goes. Also if you're using that artifact to give your creatures the power boost why not incorporate essence harvest to finish them off. The cards i'm suggesting may not all be infect oriented but playing these and similar cards will make your deck more prepared against various enemies so you won't have t change the deck much later. Also it's pretty fun in multiplayer.

Deathcon1326

• Decks
Re: Exalted Infect - Comments
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:44:20 pm »
Also look into Tainted Strike, Phyresis, and Glistening Oil to really make it Infect.
"Your mind was a curious mix of madness and genius. I just took away the genius." — Jace Beleren

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:16:57 pm »
Actually that is a good idea. Glistening oil can be good for creature removal because as long as it's on the field the card comes right back to your hand. Also if you combo it with screams from within then every time it's your upkeep a certain creature will be at the least -2/-2 which would kill most creatures. This would cause a seemingly infinite loop as long as you can keep the creatures dying. I played the screams from within with my doomquake giant and grim guardian and it was a great combo.

The deaf warrior

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 01:45:07 am »
Okay then, so I'm thinking I'll make the following changes:
-1 Virulent Swipe
I'm considering -1 Virulent Wound and another Virulent Swipe so I can +1 Tainted Strike and +2 Victimize, but I have to admit, I really like that automatic kill on X/1s, especially considering I see those a lot, and as a result, I'm hesitant to drop a Virulent Wound. Although I suppose I could sideboard it.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 01:47:39 am »
It just depends on how you want to work the deck. Honestly killing your opponent's creatures and giving them poison counters that way is a lot easier then trying to give a creature infect and make it trample or swing for damage. Either way black is good when it comes to infect decks.