deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zada + Chandra's Ignition  (Read 3450 times)

bigdogdch

• Decks
Zada + Chandra's Ignition
« on: December 11, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »
Does this combo work as I think it would or does it kill off my other creatures first before it copies?

Zada, Hedron Grinder + Chandra's Ignition

And if so, then if I add Enshrouding Mist to it that should protect my creatures, yes?

Thanks

Danksy

• close your eyes and slowly, slowly, sleep...
  • Decks
Re: Zada + Chandra's Ignition
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:24 pm »
First we have to resolve Chandra's effect and so the damage would be dealt to your creatures Before than it can be copied. If you add the mist so you can save one of your creatures and than chandra would be copied by the effect of Zada

Sorry for my bad english 😅
(vote up) if you find this helpful

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:23 pm »
Actually we have to go by the stack. Last to first... First was chandra's ignition, then enshrouding mist. Since the mist was
placed last, its effects go off before the ignition. Then if the mist targets zada then that goes on the stack before c
the ignition. Then ignition goes off, again if you target zada then again more on the stack and zada again goes off.
Now if your opponent plays cancel after you play ignition, priority I think but not entirely sure. We have ignition, cancel,
and then mist. Last to first, just have to remember the stack.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »
I guess in general what I am asking is what triggers first. Does Zara copy spell ability trigger or does Chandra spell go off first.
If and its a bit IF I understand correctly once you cast the spell and target Zada then Zada copies the spell then the spell resolves??

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »
Lets do this as easily possible . lol at least I hope. Zada is on the field, its your turn. 1.) You cast ignition on zada, 2.) Zada's ability goes off 3.) Response to yourself you cast mist on zada 4.) Zada's ability goes off ... As said before, last to first. So now it goes 4,3,2,1
while remembering Zada's ability goes off when something is "cast" at specifically him, not when a spell "resolves".

Zada's ability works like heroic and prowress, go off when something is cast, not when something resolves.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Make90

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:01:43 pm »
Lets do this as easily possible . lol at least I hope. Zada is on the field, its your turn. 1.) You cast ignition on zada, 2.) Zada's ability goes off 3.) Response to yourself you cast mist on zada 4.) Zada's ability goes off ... As said before, last to first. So now it goes 4,3,2,1
while remembering Zada's ability goes off when something is "cast" at specifically him, not when a spell "resolves".

Zada's ability works like heroic and prowress, go off when something is cast, not when something resolves.

So, with let's say you had Zada + 8 goblin tokens 1/1. "Igniting the Mist" would deal 20 damage flat to creatures and opponents (turn around 5-6 maybe). NICE.

Queervidual

• Niels, Queervidual, Thraben Wanderer
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:56:31 pm »

So, with let's say you had Zada + 8 goblin tokens 1/1. "Igniting the Mist" would deal 20 damage flat to creatures and opponents (turn around 5-6 maybe). NICE.
If you protect your creatures, it would deal 21. You can either cast & resolve mist (or any other protection spell), then bomb, or react, keeping priority.
If you don't protect them, Zada creates copies, which are then placed on the stack on top of the original Ignition. In the case of the 1/1 tokens, they would all die from the first copy, causing the other copies to be countered for not having a legal target. End result: your board is wiped except for Zada, who received 1 damage, the rest of the board got 4.

Another nasty combat trick you can pull with Zada is Arcbond + Lifelink creatures. Swing in (or have a burn spell), react with Arcbond, massive damage to everything. Due to lifelink, you gain tons of life, offsetting the nuke you just detonated.

On the question of the counterspell: Zada triggers (as stated by Robort) as the spell is cast. Countering the original will not stop the copies, unless you actually counter the trigger.

I've built a standard, modern & EDH deck around Zada, because I love her ability.
I love synergies, themes and weird combos.
My mind wanders as much as I do.
My crazy ideas are gathered here: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php?topic=42299.msg115692#msg115692