deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] second try at ally-ness  (Read 1286 times)

jugsjugs

• Decks
[Casual] second try at ally-ness
« on: January 09, 2016, 05:40:03 am »
second try at ally-ness

comments. . . thanks

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] second try at ally-ness
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
There's a Modern Allies Primer on TappedOut and it's probably the best resource for making an ally deck.
Personally, I'm not a fan of red allies. Ironically enough, I think that red makes the deck less threatening and even slower.
I enjoy Abzan allies. I have a deck if you want to take a look.

jugsjugs

• Decks
Re: second try at ally-ness - Comments
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »
is it possible to have a naya allies?. . . i read the primer and it was really helpful but i think my problem is with color combination

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] second try at ally-ness
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:55:15 pm »
Naya Allies could definitely work. I think Green is a must have color for allies since it gives you access to Hardened Scales and Collected Company.
In my opinion, Collected Company is strictly better than Munda, Ambush Leader since Collected Company let's you put the allies you find directly on to the battlefield rather than just in your hand. Being able to Collected Company into something like Firemantle Mage, Ondu Cleric, or Kabira Evangel can give you a really huge momentum swing.

For your deck, I would consider taking out Kor Bladewhirl, Munda, Ambush Leader, and Sun Titan.
Munda, Ambush Leader and Sun Titan are too slow and can't be hit by Collected Company. If you're going to be running any cards with CMC 4+, you better have a really good reason to. Kabira Evangel is just strictly better than Kor Bladewhirl in most cases. Yes, it's one mana cost more, but the impact you get from Kabira Evangel is much greater.

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar is definitely a 4 of. He's such a powerful card since you're guaranteed ally triggers every turn. Your opponent is going to want to kill him whenever he comes on the board, and you're going to want to draw into him as much as possible. Even if you draw into him and you already have one on board, you can wait for your opponent to kill off your first one, or you can just -4 him, get the emblem, and play your second one.

jugsjugs

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:31 am »
thank you very much sir

jugsjugs

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 10:23:38 am »