deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Pointy Ear Overload  (Read 403 times)

fredjebono

• Decks
[Modern] Pointy Ear Overload
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:49:40 am »
Pointy Ear Overload

I was trying to make a deck that would be appealing to my wife and would be fairly inexpensive, so I started looking at Elves. Originally I wanted to go for White/Green or Black/Green, but I didn't want to bother about dual lands, so I decided to go the mono-green way.

The goal of this deck is to get a bunch of cheap elves out quickly and then start ramping some very powerful elf warrior tokens.

Early on you want to get some mana ramp (Elvish Mystic, Elvish Archdruid) on the battlefield, so you can add multiple elves at once fairly quickly. Bramblewood Paragon is also good early on to make all warriors and warrior tokens stronger. Then cards that will start pumping out tokens (Dwynen's Elite, Imperious Perfect, Lys Alana Huntmaster, Elvish Promenade, Mercy Killing) combined with cards that empower all your elves (Elvish Archdruid, Imperious Perfect, Ivy Lane Denizen, Joraga Warcaller, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood) should do the job for you to create a bunch of strong elf warriors.

I am still fairly new to Magic and this is my first attempt to make a modern deck, so all suggestions are welcome (even if the suggested cards are more expensive). Personally I have some doubts about cards like Ezuri and Yeva, if they really serve a purpose in this deck or if I should just replace them with more of the same or something else entirely. Also advice on my sideboard would be much appreciated, since I've hardly ever taken sideboarding very seriously before.

Haakon21

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Pointy Ear Overload
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:49:14 pm »
Hello,

I don't Know if you want to go to very competitive events. If it's for casual event, your deck is fine, it works quite well.

For competitive events, it's a bit sub-optimal, and then you'll probably lose most of your matches.

Most of competitive Elf decks run 4 elvish mystic, 4 llanowar Elves, 4 Nettle Sentinel, 4 heritage druid, 4 elvish archidruid for the ramp,
3 Ezuri, renegade leader for the kill. Collected company, chord of calling elvish visionary to "dig" through their deck.

The rest of the deck is usually "silver bullets", utility creatures, as reclamation sage, scavenging ooze, elvish champion,...