deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: B/G Sacrifice - Budget Standard BFZ  (Read 1033 times)

eb122333

• Decks
B/G Sacrifice - Budget Standard BFZ
« on: January 15, 2016, 12:34:20 am »
Hey Guys, eb122333
I recently created a G/B sacrifice deck for BFZ standard-http://deckstats.net/decks/44554/399013-b-g-sacrifice/en
I want you guys to tell me what you think of it, and remember: Budget!
Thanks all

drrizzy

• Decks
Re: B/G Sacrifice - Budget Standard BFZ
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:49:05 am »
Understand that I am relatively new to MTG, so take my advice with a grain of salt.  After looking at your deck, if I understand your deck's objective correctly you want to create scions really quickly and sack them to build up creatures like Nantuko Husk, and Rot Shambler.  The pairing with Zulaport Cutthroat is excellent, and along with Bone Splinters and Evolutionary Leap you have made good choices. 

However, instead of Sultai Emissary and Qarsi High Priest you might want to go with Carrier Thrall and/or Call the Scions.  The downside is that your average casting cost is higher, but the upside is that these cards are more in line with the objective of your deck (generate scions; sack them while hurting your opponent, gaining life and using the scions for removal; and build up Nantuko Husk or Rot Shambler for the final attack).  Since games in Standard format tend to go longer this may be a viable change.  Carrier Thrall is 30 cents per card, and Call the Scions is 19 cents per card.  This should be in budget.

eb122333

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 09:05:40 pm »
Thank you for your opinion, as I am still relatively new to MTG as well. I have tested those cards and have found that a manifested 2/2 can be more useful, at times, than a Scion. The curve is low enough to allow me to summon Catacomb Sifter and Nantuko Husk with relative ease. The goal of my deck is to boost Rot Shambler and Nantuko Husk with little/no drawback. The manifests allow me to squeeze in 2-4 extra points of damage, which can win games. Thank you for the opinion.
-eb122333

drrizzy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:23 am »
Thank you for letting me know the purpose of the manifests.  I think you have a good deck.

eb122333

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 01:05:11 am »
Thanks