deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [Standard] UR Izzet  (Gelesen 691 mal)

saltythom

• Decks
[Standard] UR Izzet
« am: Januar 13, 2016, 08:06:17 Vormittag »
I am wondering if UR Izzet style deck is possible in the upcoming Standard. I would love feedback.

UR Izzet

WIP
control game through counter and draw, finish with burn. rebound, bounce and chandra

zhambah

• Decks
Re: [Standard] UR Izzet
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 14, 2016, 03:59:04 Vormittag »
jeskai prowess is more likely to happen in my opinion, stormchaser mage, abbot of keral keep, monastery swiftspear, monastery mentor and all the cantrips, expediate, defiant strike, slip through space.

the problem with just doing izzet is your limiting yourself to say the best 18 cards of blue and 18 cards of red... and white has a lot to offer. maybe this is preference, but i believe while we have easy access to mana fixing 3-4 colour decks will be a cut above the rest because they have access to the best cards from 3-4 colours rather than just 2

I seem to of rambled there, please forgive me.

saltythom

• Decks
Re: UR Prowess - Comments
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 17, 2016, 01:37:46 Vormittag »
No worries, I appreciate the comment.
I am curious just to see if a two colored deck like this could work. I've reworked this deck in fact and it's now more early game oriented.
But I do think you're right. I am actually pretty excited about a jeskai prowess, though I am not sure if it should go more tokens/ascendancy.
Basically I was hoping a 'spells matter' deck could work. And as you can see, I (currently) no longer see that as likely.

saltythom

• Decks
Re: UR Prowess - Comments
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 17, 2016, 01:40:43 Vormittag »
Oh btw, while you're definitely right about the advantage mana-fixing gives standard, someone almost went 4-0 this last FNM with UR thopters, but lost the last game to Esper control.