deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Turbo Draw  (Read 2351 times)

RockSurname

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Turbo Draw
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:49:47 am »
Turbo Draw

Draw a lot of cards that draw you more cards. This deck can mill opponents or self mill if you have the right cards

Jace is the commander, its a turn two creature that draws me cards and then lets me recast them.

Juntadral

• Decks
Re: Turbo Draw - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:01:19 pm »
Upheaval is banned in EDH otherwise looks cool.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Turbo Draw
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »
Here are some possible helpfull cards.
2 creatures to return spells. mnemonic wall and archaeomancer
1 creature helps cast artifacts and artifacts abilities renowned weaponsmith
Gamble creature that helps cast stuff for free master of predicaments
Creature for easy draw power merfolk looter
Creature for heavier and harder draw power impaler shrike
Creature with simple 2 scry omenspeaker
Group hug with a free draw for all dakra mystic
More heavy draw power dragonlord's prerogative
I think this works better than anticipate, taigam's scheming
Great scry and draw foresee
This works great with taigam's , more heavy scry and draw interpret the signs
Massive group hug and big draw or big discard with no hug fascination
Draw power with land blighted cataract
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:08:32 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 06:15:58 pm »
Upheaval is banned in EDH otherwise looks cool.

That is banned but they just recently created this? crush of tentacles go figure
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

DaddyFatSack

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »
As somebody who plays a red-blue EDH, using card drawing, spell slinging and converted mana cost shenanigans to my advantage. I have some suggestions. For creatures that can allow you to draw cards, I suggest using Arcanis, The Omnipotent. He can tap to allow you to draw 3 cards. He is a six-drop for a 3/4. But whatever. Another suggested creature is Nin, The Pain Artist. He is a 1/1 with the ability;

X, UR - Nin, The Pain Artist deals x damage to target creature. It's controller draws that many cards.

Combine that with Chasm skulker, a 1/1 creature which gets +1/+1 counters every time you draw a card.
Other cards, like Thought Reflection do wonders for draw decks too, As does the new Monastery Siege enchantment. Something else to consider, if you're not caring about other players drawing cards too, some old artifacts such as howling mine and/or font of mythos are absolutely legendary for drawing cards. By the way, if you plan on creating this draw deck, I also suggest an artifact such as Spellbook. It's a zero drop artifact which gives you unlimited hand size. I also suggest the land Reliquary Tower.

In manner of return spells, I highly suggest cards such Mystic Retrieval, which allows you to return an insstant or sorcery for 4 mana. However, it has flashback for 2 and a red. Volcanic Vision is also a good return, as it allows you to have that little bit of burn on the side. However, I am playing a deck which lets me cast these for cheaper, so I apologize if they don't seem as appealing for you. Also, Charmbreaker Devil's are a great way to return some instants and sorceries while dealing lots of damage. Another great one is Mizzix's Mastery. It doesn't so much let you return spells, instead it let's you cast them from the graveyard and then exile them. It costs 3 and a red. Not to mention it has overload for 5 and 3 red. Also, another perfect card for a return deck, is past in flames. It gives every and all of your instants and sorceries in the graveyard flashback, where the flashback cost is equal to it's converted mana cost.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:19:28 pm by DaddyFatSack »

Heavyjaw

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 07:06:40 pm »
Perhaps you should include consecrated sphinx, spellbook and reliquary tower so you dont lose any of your cards, soramaro, first to dream could be a huge bomb here to beat opponents to death, perhaps some tutor cards to find exactly what you need in mystical tutor and personal tutor (which combined with an isochron scepter could fetch whichever instant or sorcery you want each turn, blue sun's zenith for mass card draw once you have large amounts of mana available, Arcanis the omnipotent is card draw on legs that can bounce himself away from removal, venser's journal can give enough consistent lifegain to protect you from aggro decks and direct attacks against you elsewhere in multiplayer etc.
Moving away from direct card draw synergy cards such as swiftfoot boots and lightning greaves are commander staples for a reason, you don't want anyone to instantly kill your commander after all and the haste they give allows you to instantly make the most out of their abilities. Sapphire medallion may also be worth considering because making all of your blue spells cheaper can quickly become more efficient than a single mana rock like worn powerstone. On a related note sky diamond is more blue mana.

RockSurname

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »
Thank you all for your responses, I did not know that upheaval was banned so I am going to put in crush of tentacles in there. I do have a spellbook and a reliquary tower in there so that I don't have to discard. As far as Consecrated sphinx and other great cards like font of mythos, I don't have them in the deck because I simply don't own them.

DaddyFatSack

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 04:19:46 am »
I just realized you said you would like it to mill too, in that case! You should add Jace's Erasure. Fantastic Card. As well as Windfall and/or Jace's Archivist.