deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Mill Fog Pauper  (Read 1448 times)

Rewp234

• Decks
[Pauper] Mill Fog Pauper
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:37:51 pm »
Mill Fog Pauper

What do you guys think of this deck? Any tips?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Pauper] Mill Fog Pauper
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:36:48 am »
     Before I make any suggestions I do have a few questions that I'd like to ask you, just to gauge where this deck is going;

1) What is the goal of this deck?
2) What does your card pool look like?
3) Do you have any personal preferences as far as card choices and color schemes go?
4) Have you actually played and tested this deck yet?

Rewp234

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 12:28:55 am »
     Before I make any suggestions I do have a few questions that I'd like to ask you, just to gauge where this deck is going;

1) What is the goal of this deck?
2) What does your card pool look like?
3) Do you have any personal preferences as far as card choices and color schemes go?
4) Have you actually played and tested this deck yet?

1) What do you mean when you ask about my goal?
2) Basically anything in pauper that ain't much expensive kinda on a budget
3) I do like the U/G color scheme but nothing too attached.
4) Yes, I have been testing it but I'm not getting the results I expected, most of the times I either dont get to Jace's Erasure or to the damage prevntion, also fails against Lighting Bolt for obvious reasons.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:42:50 am »
This deck needs more win conditions. Expecting to have (and keep) Jace's Erasure on the board is not a solid plan to victory. The fog aspect is a good way to prevent dying, but you need more reliable ways to go through your opponents library.

Mind funeral (need to add black to the deck), archive trap and hedron crab are pretty solid in mill decks. If you're adding black, though, there are a wealth of things to add beyond what I listed.

Also, you might want to consider at least one surgical extraction, since that is mills usual way to deal with a rogue eldrazi titan that finds its way to the graveyard (and you don't HAVE to run black to run it.)
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 06:46:17 am »
     Similar to what Ladof was saying, The win condition is the driving force behind the way your deck is played. Going back to the questions that I was asking;

1) What is the goal means how do you plan on winning with this deck? What's your game plan with this deck?

2) Going back to the pauper are there any particular sets that you like to use or liked in the past that you feel comfortable with using?

3) As far as Green/Blue goes you might want to look at the Simic Combine, Cards related to Kruphix from theros or just find a theme that fits

4) And with the win con you should not focus on that one card to win. If the entire deck is focused around mill then build the entire deck around that theme and not the one card itself. Cards like tome scour, archaeomancer, dream twist, broken ambitions, chronic flooding, countermand, curse of the bloody tome, drowner initiate, mind sculpt, and similar cards would all be good choices.

Just some thoughts on how to play your deck with more of a focus.

esanto11

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:00:01 am »
basically pauper is commons only. thats what makes it fun

This deck needs more win conditions. Expecting to have (and keep) Jace's Erasure on the board is not a solid plan to victory. The fog aspect is a good way to prevent dying, but you need more reliable ways to go through your opponents library.

Mind funeral (need to add black to the deck), archive trap and hedron crab are pretty solid in mill decks. If you're adding black, though, there are a wealth of things to add beyond what I listed.

Also, you might want to consider at least one surgical extraction, since that is mills usual way to deal with a rogue eldrazi titan that finds its way to the graveyard (and you don't HAVE to run black to run it.)