deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Whats in a RDW  (Read 1028 times)

GamersHQ907

• Decks
Whats in a RDW
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:03:37 am »
though i may be rather new to the MTG world, i have always played a red deck, or fire based deck in every other TCG out there. the first deck i built was a make-shift RDW (red deck wins for those out of the know).

now, as far as i have always been told, a RDW is MONO-RED, meaning that there is no other color in the deck besides red...

the staples of any RDW are low cost hasty creatures, and a few burns. the rest kind of just adds to the fun of destroying your opponent. but lately i have been seeing decks claiming to be RDW, but have a large amount of Green, and some even splash blue (reds arch-enemy). How can you call your deck RDW if you are not Mono red, you can barely call what you have created a red deck, at best its a ?-R aggro or mid deck..... just drives me nuts to see the bastardized decks claiming the honorable title of RDW

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Whats in a RDW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 07:12:37 pm »
     I understand what you mean. Personally I try not to play mono-colored decks as often because dual and tri color decks just have more support. Unless there's a theme I'm going with like Mono-Red Goblins or my Chandra burn/elemental deck then I won't try it. But yeah people should really stop miss titling their decks.